Home

Started by Keta, October 19, 2018, 02:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

I'll blame it on Brian. ;D
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

David Hall

Wally all I can say is oh my lord what a mess that hurricane made of the town.  So many families lives turned upside down. 

Wally15

Quote from: David Hall on October 20, 2018, 04:17:01 PM
Wally all I can say is oh my lord what a mess that hurricane made of the town.  So many families lives turned upside down. 
The really sad thing is that Mexico Beach is a "family beach", no high rise condo's (by design....and code), a real blue collar community of relatively modest single family vacation homes and trailers that are "grandfathered" into current building codes. A stark contrast to Panama City only 30 miles west. And they're separated by Tyndall Air Force Base, so no encroachment. Anne can take the grandkids down there by herself and I don't worry about them at all. Neighbors are very friendly and we all look after each others stuff. But a lot of the older properties don't have insurance and some of the folks lost everything. And a lot of them live in S GA and their primary homes got hammered by Michael as well. I was so lucky compared to a lot of folks I know.
It will probably take 60-90 days to get all services restored to the condo complex. Then we can start doing legitimate repairs. At least it hit at the tail end of "beach season". But the folks that live and work in that area will have tough living conditions for quite a while.
GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

akadashoe

Here's a few I managed to get get while attempting to remain attached to the deck.

Donnyboat

Thanks Wally & Ann, for a great report & video, gee you came out of it, very lucky ay, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Bryan Young

Here's Alan's Wahoo.

Some of the amazing wildlife scenes we encountered.

And sunsets that never gets old.

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

A pro in action!
Good job!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Hardy Boy

Looks like a great time and a fun trip! The only issue I can see is there was not enough Canooks on that trip !!!

Mike: I'm glad you fared OK through that hurricane and hopefully the repairs go smooth. It seems like smaller centers with a close knit community get through these things better than cities.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Darin Crofton

Way to go Alan, I'm sure that one tasted good!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Keta

Quote from: Hardy Boy on October 22, 2018, 03:32:26 PM
Looks like a great time and a fun trip! The only issue I can see is there was not enough Canooks on that trip !!!

You and the Port Hardy crew can cure that Todd.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dominick

I didn't see the green flash either.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bryan Young

Quote from: Dominick on October 22, 2018, 05:05:14 PM
I didn't see the green flash either.  Dominick
Neither did I although Tommy insists he saw it.  Next time I will records this in slow motion...
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Mjg378

Yep,  caught "the cold" 🤒

Mjg378

Best time fishing with family.   

alantani

mike, the georgia flu hit me thursday.  i was down friday, saturday and most of sunday, finally started feeling better yesterday.  i understand now how sick you were.  no wonder you were so cranky.....   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!