Home

Started by Keta, October 19, 2018, 02:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamachi

5 bites, 4 hook ups, and 3 landed to 59 lbs. according to five star scales. S-332 Newell loaded with 30 on a seeker black steel landed one and the other two came on 40. Penn 25nld2 on a phenix 809hfx. Fg knots held. Still have the cough, mostly just phlegm balls now, hacking em up.
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!

tommyd

Back out again? Your an animal! Which boat and how long a trip?

Hamachi

No, this was what was going on, on my side of the boat. Where were you? Late report.

Keta

Hey, I know that guy!

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

swill88

Quote from: Keta on October 24, 2018, 11:50:31 PM

Hey, I know that guy!

I thought 'Hamachi' translates to Yellowtail.  Now I know it means 'Fishing Machine'.

This trip was an education.  Thank you to everyone!

steve

swill88

Quote from: El Pescador on October 24, 2018, 02:01:50 PM
Stevemeister!

How did your new (is that your 2nd or 3rd) Knee hold up???

Wayne

There is no doubt the chromium cobalt knee and the the implant glue are far stronger than any bones.  Being heavy with weakened legs is not a good combination for the ocean.  Fortunately I didn't hurt anyone else and only bruised myself.  There is power in that ocean.

i'll be stronger and lighter next year...knock on wood.

Steve

Hamachi

Hey, thanks for the accolade, Steve. Being able to read and react to a situation has a lot to do with it, also casting close to the chum line helps. Nose hooking means you're fishing on the retrieve, which got me at least an extra bluefin and dorado that I know of. Maybe we need to do more to help the less experienced guys to hook up more, if they want the help.

sabaman1

Hamachi looks like you were one of the hot sticks on the trip! Thanks for the awesome pics.

Jim
JIM

Hamachi

Just maximize time bait is in the water, more chance to get bit. A little luck helps also.

Ron Jones

You didn't mention the shark. Some of the most patient fishing I've ever seen! And Pete can tell you how patient I am on the water. Anyone who has an opportunity to learn from Warren would be wise to do so. I watched him on the bow and learned a ton. Between what he taught me here, and Mark taught me in Cedros, most of my fish were on iron.
It was nice to be on the above average side this time.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Bryan Young

Quote from: swill88 on October 24, 2018, 12:46:16 PM

And am I the only one that is wondering what Mike is agonizing about?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bryan Young

Quote from: Hamachi on October 25, 2018, 01:03:42 AM
Hey, thanks for the accolade, Steve. Being able to read and react to a situation has a lot to do with it, also casting close to the chum line helps. Nose hooking means you're fishing on the retrieve, which got me at least an extra bluefin and dorado that I know of. Maybe we need to do more to help the less experienced guys to hook up more, if they want the help.

I'm always looking for help! Next time I will ask you and I will hound you like a NUBEE😉
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ron Jones

That's just what Peaches look like. You'll get used to it!
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Hamachi

Quote from: Ron Jones on October 25, 2018, 04:11:00 AM
You didn't mention the shark. Some of the most patient fishing I've ever seen! And Pete can tell you how patient I am on the water. Anyone who has an opportunity to learn from Warren would be wise to do so. I watched him on the bow and learned a ton. Between what he taught me here, and Mark taught me in Cedros, most of my fish were on iron.
It was nice to be on the above average side this time.
The Man
Ah yes the shark. He hit a gold Hopkins spoon. The skipper said it looked similar to a Galapagos reef shark. Took 200 yards of fifty pound mono straight back past the stern. Worked him back to run the gauntlet of tangled lines of hooked up anglers across the stern and then back again. Up to the bow for a second time, then back to the stern, across and up the other side where Evan ended my misery, grabbing the line and popping it off. I hope he got rid of the jewelry hanging from his jaw.
Hey, Chief, I'm learning too!

tommyd

Yep Warren is not only a greatly skilled angler but he also was pretty hot and I figured out early to emulate his technique which rewarded me with a nice blue fine as well.