Whiskey Case/Cigar Humidor ordered by David Hall

Started by mmayo, October 19, 2018, 09:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Hall

mmayo

The project is complete and ready to ship. Black foam rubber was added to cushion the glassware.

Kites fly the highest against the wind, not with it.

foakes

Beautiful work & wood stock selection, Sir!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

STRIPER LOU

WOW, That is some true Craftsmanship!

Outstanding work Mark,    ........... Lou

Dominick

Good job Mark.  As usual your work is splendid.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

David Hall

The only question is which bottle shall I test it on?

And which cigar?

Reel 224

Great! Now think PIPE.  ;) :D.........................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

David Hall

Quote from: Reel 224 on October 30, 2018, 01:06:42 AM
Great! Now think PIPE.  ;) :D.........................Joe

I do enjoy a pipe now and then Joe.  A few years back I was on a genealogy search for my southern ancestors.  I discovered a company in Virginia that still grows the same blend that my ancestors grew back in the 1700's in Virginia, I thought if I smoked some of the same tobacco it might somehow bring them closer to me.  I have to say it was a pleasant smoke, but I knew nothing about the care of fine tobacco products and consequently the leaf went dry as a bone on me. I also knew nothing about the care of a good pipe and now I need a flexible drill bit to clean it!  I'm smarter lately, now I have humidors, dedicated Tupperware, hydration packs, hygrometers, all the fun toys required for the care and keeping of fine tobacco and fine tobacco products.

Reel 224

It's a true art to enjoying a great smoke out of a great pipe. I have several decanters of mixed tobaccos. I often mix my own and like the Virginia Tobaccos, they are very mild and mix well. Some of the Italian pipes are good as well as the English, But they can get expensive.

Joe 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Alto Mare

Beautiful work Mark, I could sit in your shop and watch you work all day.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mmayo

Kites fly the highest against the wind, not with it.

Reel 224

Ahaaa! the sweet taste of success..................................Joe

Meanwhile

Great work on the whiskey case (Irish).  I'm another pipe smoker that would appreciate such a case for my Ferndown pipes on the boat.  Great story of finding Virginia tobacco with a link to a family history. 

Reel 224