4/0 Steel Main Gear

Started by Rivverrat, October 24, 2018, 07:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Darin, just make sure you steer clear buying one from these knowledgeable guys ;) :)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

RowdyW

Darin, the spacer sleeve is not the usual tubular type sleeve. It is a large chrome plated piece the same width as a drag washer. If you see it, it will look like a hat. That's why it is refered to as a tophat.

RowdyW

Quote from: Alto Mare on November 02, 2018, 06:38:26 PM
Darin, just make sure you steer clear buying one from these knowledgeable guys ;) :)
Now Sal, do you think any of the members are that underhanded??  ::) ::)  ;D

Darin Crofton

Thanks, Rudy, I know what you're talking about, I will look for that now, I appreciate your help buddy! Darin
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

nelz

Quote from: Darin Crofton on November 02, 2018, 06:33:56 PMif you don't mind can someone post a pic of what I need to look for under the star, I'd love to know, thank you!!!

I have the steel-geared 113h 3.25/1. Here's what the stack looks like. The original fiber washers are super thick!

Darin Crofton

Quote from: nelz on November 02, 2018, 07:17:04 PM
Quote from: Darin Crofton on November 02, 2018, 06:33:56 PMif you don't mind can someone post a pic of what I need to look for under the star, I'd love to know, thank you!!!

I have the steel-geared 113h 3.25/1. Here's what the stack looks like. The original fiber washers are super thick!

Thank you, that's very helpful, you guys rock!!! Darin

basto

These might help

The tailplates here both are off reels that came with steel gears and open access drag in head plate.

DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Darin Crofton

Quote from: basto on November 02, 2018, 09:16:37 PM
These might help

The tailplates here both are off reels that came with steel gears and open access drag in head plate.

very helpful, thank you!!!

Maxed Out

Basto, that first pic is a first edition 113h tail plate...the only 113h that had a boat in the picture plate

Darin, if you do get a donor with exposed drags, you'll need to purchase a spacer sleeve if converting to Cortez plates, cause the top hat will not be needed for that build
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

basto

Quote from: Maxed Out on November 02, 2018, 09:35:28 PM

Basto, that first pic is a first edition 113h tail plate...the only 113h that had a boat in the picture plate

That's nice to know. I have kept that reel in stock form with original drag which I think are asbestos washers.

thanks
Greg
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n