I would like some recommendations for a dehooking tool

Started by Dominick, October 31, 2018, 11:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

If you ain't gonna eat 'em, think barbless. Then onea those bent wire dealies looks like it'ed work great, and not a great loss if it heads down ta Davy Jones Locker.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Bryan Young

Quote from: Keta on November 01, 2018, 04:44:58 PM
Thank OCEAN.

https://oceaned.org/

You should invite Dominick to come up and help fix the attendees of the saltwater sportsman show's reels for it.    ;D ;)
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Quote from: Bryan Young on November 01, 2018, 11:37:35 PM
You should invite Dominick to come up and help fix the attendees of the saltwater sportsman show's reels for it.    ;D ;)

He would have fun.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Tightlines667

The best qualuty, strongest long-handled dehooker IMHO id the ARC long-handled dehooker.  I have used it to dehook thousands of sharks and pelagics offshore.  It is highly effective, floats, and breaks down into 2 pieces for storage.  They aren't cheap though, $190 for one with 2-4' sections.  They also make a long-handled line/wire cutter, both tools allow you to replace the blades, or overall heads if required ($162 for 2-4'section pole).  You can set up the poles as long as you want by buying more 4 or 6'' sections, and replacement blades are available.

https://dehooker4arc.com/store/product.cfm/mode/details/id/413/4-arc-dehooker-working-end-section-pigtail-curl

https://dehooker4arc.com/store/product.cfm/mode/details/id/410/arc-8-pole-breakdown-2-4-sections-big-game-dehooker

https://dehooker4arc.com/store/product.cfm/mode/details/id/417/4-noaa-laforce-middle-section-extended-reach

These are the best made IMHO.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Alto Mare

These do a pretty good job on the smaller guys:

Took the day off and those actually came handy on a few catfish today

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

gstours

Thanks for any and all advise.   Just throw the dand pish in da cooler.  work on et later.  keep et simple.     Just kidding of coarse ???
        Butt i do like unkle Lees new sombreroow.    I do have to agree there are many variations of de- hookers,,  Alan forbits the 13 year old rule so I just watch and smile...... ;)

Dominick

Thanks guys for all the advice.  John, I'm not going for that kind of money.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Fishy247

Tightlines667

Quote from: Dominick on November 02, 2018, 07:55:20 PM
Thanks guys for all the advice.  John, I'm not going for that kind of money.  Dominick

Not many would. 

They do work great on large sharks and fiesty billfish though, and I just wanted to post a link because they do work great, and they may be of some interest to someone.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Dominick

Quote from: Fishy247 on November 02, 2018, 08:41:09 PM
Hey Dom, isn't that what deckhands are for?  ;)

You're right.  I mostly fish in Mexico with a deckhand.  But going out with friends (friends don't unhook fish you catch) I have to do it myself.  I put a glove on to unhook a rock fish and was stuck by the top spine.  It went through to the bone and hurt for more than 2 weeks.  I could not put pressure on it for a full 2 weeks.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

gstours

Dommie,  ask Lee as he has some very good de hookers and  thats my best advice,  Tightlines has the link,  Im using these.  they can do circle hooks and jays.   What did you tell the little spiny rockfish anyway??????

Dominick

Quote from: gstours on November 03, 2018, 12:39:36 AM
    What did you tell the little spiny rockfish anyway??????

In accordance with regulation No. 1 (known as the 12 year old rule) I cannot put it into print here, butt it went something like this "you rotten piece of &^%$%."  :D Then I took it home and ate it.   :-*  With a bottle of Chianti.  Dominick

gstours

Hey Dommie,  just buy you a ARC dehooker....Dont be Cheep, ???  if the wifee see,s it just say its a tie out that terrible dog screw in the ground thing to help her manage things.  ;D   Linda wil fold in your arms knowing that she was wrong and you do care! :-*
   I got stuck backin September by a spiny little bas----.  it caused an early death of the fish,   i,m suffering butt dont paste stuff like tat her e ,   only on the 21+ older section you might be locked out of???? :-*

Cor

Quote from: Fishy247 on November 02, 2018, 08:41:09 PM
Hey Dom, isn't that what deckhands are for?  ;)

Quote from: gstours on November 04, 2018, 01:34:18 AM
   Hey Dommie,  just buy you a ARC dehooker....Dont be Cheep, ???  if the wifee see,s it just say its a tie out that terrible dog screw in the ground thing to help her manage things.  ;D   Linda wil fold in your arms knowing that she was wrong and you do care! :-*
   I got stuck backin September by a spiny little bas----.  it caused an early death of the fish,   i,m suffering butt dont paste stuff like tat her e ,   only on the 21+ older section you might be locked out of???? :-*

This being a multi national website I think it wise to point out to Dominick that some of his friends are not being very polite in terms of some other languages where "Dom" or "Dommie" has a rather unflattering meaning  ;D ;D
Cornelis