Anybody using the Talica 50II and had it a while?

Started by simonb, October 26, 2018, 11:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simonb

Hi all, Just wanted to pick peoples brains as to how they perform longer term. Any problems with them?

Si

boon

They are getting used a lot more down here in NZ due to a recent change in the gamefishing regs that mean using braid with a mono topshot is now a viable option.

A lot of very big fish have been landed on them so they are certainly capable; durability wise I haven't heard much at all. A small part of me feels like they just can't be as bulletproof as the big old Goldies but I've got a 25II and it's going strong after a couple of seasons and I expect the 50's are similar.

I know they're a LOT more ergonomic than the goldies when fishing standup.......

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

boon

You folks are getting ruthlessly gouged on the Talicas then  :o They are $999NZ here, which works out to ~670USD. Mak50's are $949, or ~630USD, making this a much harder decision.

simonb

Quote from: boon on November 02, 2018, 05:49:57 AM
You folks are getting ruthlessly gouged on the Talicas then  :o They are $999NZ here, which works out to ~670USD. Mak50's are $949, or ~630USD, making this a much harder decision.

The Mak50's are about 700GBP and the Tal50II about 750GBP. But you can probably get both for 650 GBP if you look around.

Si