Question on Drag Grease/carbon fiber washers

Started by StanPearce, February 03, 2012, 03:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

Thanks for that Brett, interesting, how do the prices compair, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Reel 224

Reading this post to me sounds like changing drag lube is a little like hunt and peck. In the few years I have been here I've seen at least three brands come to attention. Even how to use them ie. heavy or thin, personally I use Cal's and stick with that.....................Joe Oh I use a thin coat.
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Lunker Larry

Up here we don't have the fish that run and heat up your drag. With muskie it is usually a hard strike and a short fight. It is how it works at freezing and below but I have found no issues with either Cals or Shimano.
I would like to try the Daiwa 555 though. Can you order it directly from Daiwa? (Would it come be delivered before its obsolete or on the back of a 3 legged tortoise like their parts?  :D)
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

exp2000

Sounds like Daiwa customer service is the same the world over :)

The good news - there's no premium on it.

It's about the same price as a regular pot of any other Daiwa grease.

A while back, Daiwa upgraded the drag systems on their reels.

Same drags as before only the 555 was the upgrade.

I use it on high end spinners on the basis of Alan Hawk's recommendation.
~

Lunker Larry

As much as I slam Daiwa parts service I have to give a huge boquet to Karen who I spoke with yesterday. Ordered a worm shaft for a Lexa 400 in JULY. Followed up with them yesterday and was told it was on back order until MARCH 2019. We both thought that was nuts so Karen said leave it with her. Got a call at the end of the day. She found one in a reel in the service dept hat was still new. She said she would clean it up and mail it if I want.
So..kudos to Karen for going the extra mile and making me a happy Daiwa customer (first time for everything :)  )
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?