Quantum Cabo 50 so far so good

Started by CapeFish, November 05, 2018, 09:04:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapeFish

I have had this Quantum Cabo 50 for around 3 years now, it is the PTSE model. It has been doing duty on my kayak. I haven't opened it for a while (more than a year at least), it just gets a good rinse off after fishing. Still perfect inside no sign of corrosion. It is not a brand I know well, but it has really impressed me. A friend bought the multiplier version a few years back and I was skeptical, it has withstood some very harsh fishing no problem.

Jeri

Great series of reels, been using a PTSE 60 for about 4 years +, not a single issue. It has been used fully submerged over 3 day periods when servicing wasn't possible - faultless. Just needs a quick service if it has been underwater, but otherwise an amazing reel.

The rest of the series are popular with some of our heavy weight clients looking for big robust reels for sharks, and again faultless.

Shark Hunter

I've stocked up on the Cabo 100 and 120 models since the announcement of them being discontinued recently.
They are Heavy Duty.
Life is Good!

Cor

A mate of mine has been using a Quantum level winding multiplier for many years under very harsh conditions and without much servicing, with excellent results!
Cornelis

steelfish

Quote from: Jeri on November 06, 2018, 05:38:10 AM
Great series of reels, been using a PTSE 60 for about 4 years +, not a single issue.......but otherwise an amazing reel.

I know you are very professional on your opinions and comments also on you rod building skills, with tha said, Im glad to find you comment for the Cabo 60PT, I just bought a used in great condition Cabo 60PTsD to another member of at.com and it feels like a great solid and sturdy reel, Im not much a spinning guy but I was in the need for something to use for windy days on a boat or shore when dont feel like casting 1oz or even 2oz lure with baitcasing reel is not much enjoyable, my shimano sonora is really undergunned for boat fishing.
The Baja Guy

Jeri

That original Cabo 60 is still going strong, even the occasional client that I take out, haven't managed to break it.