Daiwa luna 203l clutch roller problem

Started by djf, November 18, 2018, 10:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djf

I will start by saying i am a newbie to reel maintenance and this site has been a great help.
I stripped down my daiwa luna 203l and gave it a clean. On reassembling the handle will only turn backwards. I think the roller clutch is the issue, but it is installed how it came out and the same as all tutorials and photos i can find on the internet. It is turning in the same direction as the "lock" arrow!
Please can someone tell me i have made a simple mistake somewhere??!

nelz

Welcome aboard DJF. The roller bearing is installed backwards, that's all there is to it. Gotta go in again and flip it around.

djf

Thank you for the response  :)
Installed backwards is what i thought as it couldn't possibly suddenly decide to work in reverse!

Tiddlerbasher

Quote from: nelz on November 19, 2018, 12:05:50 AM
Welcome aboard DJF. The roller bearing is installed backwards, that's all there is to it. Gotta go in again and flip it around.

x2 - I've done the same thing ;)

djf

Yep, you guys were correct. Thank you!
What was curious is that the bearing is chamfered on one side which enables it to nicely slide into the side plate. However this isn't the correct way round!
Smearing the 'blunt' end with some grease and using a modicum of force, clicked it into position and all is good.  :)