now its our turn on Hurricanes, Rosa is coming our way

Started by steelfish, September 28, 2018, 05:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oc1

Reel 224

Life is more important then material things and be happy that you are your family are safe. The roof can be fixed. God bless and be safe Alex.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Jigtosser

Glad to hear you are ok Amigo  8)
That's a lot of rain for San Felipe, I've seen the road into town like your pictures, many times.
I remember the big one in 1968, lots of major damage, lots of homes lost...
It pretty much took out all the Shrimp Boats, never really came back...
A real mess it was, took years to recover
Yeah, be careful up on that roof,   Be Safe Alex!!!
Danny

Crab Pot

My Parents live near San Felipe.

They got some biblical rain on Tuesday but the winds never showed up as predicted.

Thankfully.

My Dad and his "Water Volleyball Addicts" were in the pool Wednesday playing.

Buy it nice or buy it twice.

steelfish

Nice.. I didnt knew some of the members were aware of the existanceos San Felipe, Baja

Pretty cool
The Baja Guy

Keta

Quote from: steelfish on October 05, 2018, 07:21:46 AM
Nice.. I didnt knew some of the members were aware of the existanceos San Felipe, Baja

Pretty cool

My wife knows people that retired in San Felipe too Alex.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Gfish

San Filipe was a fantasy "drive down to Baja" trip for me years ago. Because of time and lack of good company, I never made it past Rosirita!
We had a few roads on Kaua'i wash out back in April that looked like the ones in your pictures. Overall, your situation looks much worse. 2 ft. a rain in 2 hours! Several miles of major tourist destinations are still closed off due to major repairs, ongoing. Glad we live up on the hillside where the streams are still small.
Still a ways to go this year with this "El Ninio" weather thing.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

steelfish

Quote from: Keta on October 05, 2018, 01:30:41 PM

My wife knows people that retired in San Felipe too Alex.

yep, I knew that already amigo Lee, its time for you and your wife to pay them a visit  ;) ;)

Quote from: Gfish on October 05, 2018, 03:12:18 PM
San Filipe was a fantasy "drive down to Baja" trip for me years ago. Because of time and lack of good company, I never made it past Rosirita!
We had a few roads on Kaua'i wash out back in April that looked like the ones in your pictures. Overall, your situation looks much worse. 2 ft. a rain in 2 hours! Several miles of major tourist destinations are still closed off due to major repairs, ongoing. Glad we live up on the hillside where the streams are still small.
Still a ways to go this year with this "El Ninio" weather thing.

I also live on ths hillside of the town so, I just see tons of water flowing to the see, the fundation of my house was built considering eartquakes and heavyrains and its also 2ft above the rest of the houses and streets, the arquitecth that build my house is also a good friend and put me aware of this situation about water getting into houses on heavy rains so, he made it that way.

el NiƱo season is still about to start, so more climatic changes and unexpected rains and storms are still on the list before 2018 is over.

The Baja Guy

Gfish

Darn! We just hada another one pass to the south bout 500 miles away. More'er commin I guess... Gonna bea crap-shoot this Fall/Winter.
Calm, kayak friendly waters have been possible here lately, but the fishin don't seem to what it was last year...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Crab Pot

Hurricane Sergio just took a hard turn right back towards land.

Looks like San Felipe is in the cross hairs again.

Batten down the hatches here comes round two.
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

Jigtosser

Yeah,
I've been following the path also...
Batten down hatches ! Amigo
Might be a good one, second time around??? You never know?
Could be a ???
Let us know if it gets ugly,  I can come down and help if needed...
Be safe Alex,
Dan

steelfish

thanks Guys, really apprecite your good vibes and offer of help, for now the roof is done, I spend whole weekend on it, hopefully there is no more rain inside the house if Sergio want to touch land on north of Baja ;D

Im following really close the path of "Sergio" and seems like it makes the less desired moved... to land !!
luckily for me seems that its going to run way below San Felipe which it was in the original path, now seems that it will touch Baja Land more in the Baja Sur territory than Baja (north) but weather forecast mark some rain for us on friday too, just a bit but we really dont want a round 2, there are still lots of people still repairing the damages of Rosa no need to Sergio to knock our doors.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_ep1+shtml/144852.shtml?cone#contents
The Baja Guy