Right place, right time!!! Jigmaster Magnum

Started by Petah, November 08, 2018, 05:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darin Crofton

Quote from: Yogi_fish808 on April 22, 2019, 03:12:43 AM
Nice score Petah! Finding a magnum jig for sale at all is difficult, getting on for $100...that's like catching lightning. Now, help us get enough orders for a ''super jigmaster'' tiburon kit to be produced for these haha.
I second that, Yogi!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Decker

Great find.  A few questions:

• How do you recognize a Magnum Jigmaster from the outside?  The bulge in the circumference of the side plate?
  • The spool shaft is thicker than the standard Jigmaster, correct?
  • Is it only Accurate that sold the Magnum model plates?
  • What about the Magnum Squidder?  Are some Accurate Squidder plates Magnum, and some standard?

Thanks.

Swami805

You can tell a magnum by the bulge on the bottom of the handle side plate. There should be a small stainless piece covering the bottom edge on the inside by the spool. Far as I know only accurate made magnums and there are squidders too.  Pretty much like a pro gear but not the "cool" factor of the Accurate
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Petah

Thanks guys!!!! Can't imagine how stoked I am!!!
Joel8080  got the frame screws from McMaster-Carr
5-40
1/4"   Fully Threaded   __   Coarse   0.205"   1/8"   3/32"   70,000   __   50   92185A132   5.66
3/8"   Fully Threaded   __   Coarse   0.205"   1/8"   3/32"   70,000   __   50   92185A134   6.26
1/2"   Fully Threaded   __   Coarse   0.205"   1/8"   3/32"   70,000   __   50   92185A136   7.00
Can't wait to pull on some BIG fish with it!!!

Peter

jonrx7

I love Fishermans supplies, I go there quite often - that consignment table is a hit of a miss. Great score.

John
I love to fish. Enjoy life as it comes to you. Follow your PASSION.

joel8080

Oceanside,California

Gfish

Quote from: Decker on April 22, 2019, 02:51:27 PM
Great find.  A few questions:

• How do you recognize a Magnum Jigmaster from the outside?  The bulge in the circumference of the side plate?
  • The spool shaft is thicker than the standard Jigmaster, correct?
  • Is it only Accurate that sold the Magnum model plates?
  • What about the Magnum Squidder?  Are some Accurate Squidder plates Magnum, and some standard?

Thanks.

#1) What the Swami said
#2 Yes, the spool shaft is the same OD as the 113H
#3 See #1
#4 Unkowen by me. My 146 is such a small conventional, that so far I haven't been tempted to go beyond Newell bars and spool for upgrades.
Accurate plates, frames and spools are great IMO, a little heavy, but tough. They are however relatively expensive.

The reel score of a lifetime for me would be unused Accuplates#1, unused Accuframe #2, unused spool#3.

I "third" that'n Yogi, a super jigmaster magnum.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Ron Jones

Accurate made magnum Squidders that use Jigmaster guts. I really really really want one or ten.
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

MarkT

Just pick up a ProGear 255 or 251 if you want a fully Accurized magnum Squidder. For a non-Accurized Magnum Squidder just pick up a Newell 220/229/235.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Petah

Mark T,
           Those are great suggestions and I own A 220 and a 229 but there's something special about customizing a reel
that is uniquely yours and catching fish with it!!!

Peter