Great Drills for Reel Work and Around the Shop or Home

Started by foakes, November 17, 2018, 01:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Ordered mine and I received a free shipping code - V2995.
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

kmstorm64

Quote from: Tiddlerbasher on November 17, 2018, 04:10:12 PM
I have been using the range of Ryobi One+ 18v tools.  I initially bought just the One plus hammer drill kit to replace a knackered old battery drill. After a while I bought the jigsaw, right angled drill/driver (great in tight place like between floor joists) impact driver, circular saw, 5" grinder, SDS masonry drill/chisel and some spare batteries. Later on I bought the brushless hammer drill and impact driver (the power is incredible :o)
Many firms are doing these one battery many tools range - If I had started with a Milwaukee/Dewalt I would have purchased their range. I bought the Ryobi kit because it was on a good offer from a local Macro store. Very pleased with it :)

I have a low torque 3.6v small battery driver that I use for reels. I checked the values of the various torque settings againt some preset Wiha torque hand screwdrivers - I can now set the torque to the appropriate value for most small screws.

I don't use the brushless tools for anything to do with reel work - far too powerful - but great around the house :)

A little known secret about Ryobi, If you troll Craigslist and find a kit of the older blue 18v Ryobi Tools, snatch them up, as the new Lithium batteries work with them without issue.  Ryobi, Rigid, and Milwaukee are all owned by Ryobi, and their thought pattern is not to continually change the battery configuration, so older tools work with new batteries.  I bought a set of Ryobi blue tools that used to sell for $300, and got them for $50 off CL a couple of years ago. I bought a Lithium charger and a set of batteries and have never looked back. After being burned by Mikita and Dewalt on their tools, I won't go back to them.
Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!