0 (0%)
No number
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Alto Mare

Quote from: Frank on November 23, 2018, 01:41:55 PM
Quote from: Alto Mare on November 23, 2018, 12:52:46 PM
Quote from: Frank on November 23, 2018, 12:25:00 PM
"My goto bits are Wiha, Wera and Vessel - they are cheaper and more readily available."

Nothing wrong with those tools. I start salivating every time I get an email from Wiha!

Frank
Trying to figure out what you're trying to post here Frank.
You started this thread mentioning that you are very happy with the Chapman set,
Later you've mentioned Whia is your go to set... confusing.

Good morning Sal,

Whia has a broad range of tools not just bit sets. I like my Chapmen bits and I like the Wiha line of precision tools. I never mentioned that Whia was my go to for bits.

Frank

Maybe it's just me😏

Sal

You right, you never mentioned Wiha, so it is just me :)

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

George6308

I am with Joe, I use my Brownells screwdriver set. Had it for a few years. It's also a quality system.

Frank

Sal, I'm just a tool junkie. I've been collecting quality tools since I was 16 years old, that's 50 years of tool hoarding. Even if I use an item only once it is worth it to me. There's always the chance I'll use it again.

Frank
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

Reel 224

Quote from: George6308 on November 23, 2018, 03:12:52 PM
I am with Joe, I use my Brownells screwdriver set. Had it for a few years. It's also a quality system.

That set I'm referring to is the older set Chapman that I bought at Brownells many years ago.............................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

George6308

My set is a complete set of Brownell's Magna-Tip screwdrivers. Got it for gun smithing but use it for reels. The only bits it does not contain are JIS. Just picked up two Vessel JIS screwdrivers in 00 & 0 for small camera lens screws.

Reel 224

George; I have that set also, in fact I have about every set that Brownells sold. Now they are used for reels and machine work.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

ChapmanMFG

Quote from: Frank on November 22, 2018, 07:32:26 PM
I have one of these sets and I'm very happy with it. Just order the two JIS bits they have listed  separately and you are n business. Use code EatHardNapHard for additional savings:

https://chapmanmfg.com/products/master-kit-5575

Thanks so much for posting about our screwdriver sets! As all probably already know, we are a very small company (15 of us) with a small ad budget, so the vast majority of our sales come from word of mouth. Recommending our tools really makes a difference in our sales.

Striper Lou- have you seen our 59' Apache at shows?

Frank- I live in Madison too!

Maxed Out- our tools are designed for hand use only. Our bits are designed to bend/break BEFORE damaging the screw they fit. That's why we're so popular with people who work on extremely delicate and or antique equipment like firearms and of course reels.

Tiddlerbasher- I wish there was a more economical way to ship to the UK. We do have one distributor who sells online, but only our pocket packs as of right now. https://www.labourandwait.co.uk/collections/household/products/ratchet-screwdriver

Thanks!
- Joel
joel@chapmanmfg.com

Frank

Hi Joel,

It was my pleasure to post about your company. I'm very meticulous about damaging screw heads and since owing your driver sets I'm happy to say that screw damage is a thing of the past. I'll be stopping by Monday to pick up some more items. I hope you enjoyed your holiday weekend!

Best,

Frank

STRIPER LOU

Joel, I have seen the Apache, it  sweet and that's where we met a while back.

We did some tooling work for your company or equipment repair, not sure if it was at AGC or Hobsen.

I have several sets and one has been around for a long time. They are a life saver when working on tools in the press with limited access.

Looking forward to seeing you at some of the upcoming car shows this spring!

All the best and Seasons Greetings,  ..  Lou

ChapmanMFG

Lou, you probably met my father, Jason. He takes the truck to a lot of local shows, I usually just go to Main Street Middletown. I honestly don't know how people work on certain parts of presses without our tools, every machine in our shop has a Chapman Set!

Frank, ok, great, see you tomorrow! If you could just give us a call before you stop in that'd be great because there isn't always someone in the office. 860-349-9228

Frank

ChapmanMFG

Hi, one of the forum members (and Chapman customer) suggested that you guys might be interested in a group buy. I've done some group buys with other forums in the past, and depending on what people want I'm usually able to make custom kits and depending on the quantity offer a deal.

Is there interest in a group buy? If so, what tools/bits would be useful for you?
Here's a little about some custom sets I've done. I apologize for the production quality of the video! https://chapmanmfg.com/products/coleman-collectors-9600-set

Thanks!
Joel
joel@chapmanmfg.com

Reel 224

Excellent suggestion Joel and at Christmas time for the Alan Tani Family great. Alan if you are looking here I am willing to donate $$$ to this offer.

Joe

Dominick

Quote from: ChapmanMFG on December 05, 2018, 02:25:59 PM
Hi, one of the forum members (and Chapman customer) suggested that you guys might be interested in a group buy. I've done some group buys with other forums in the past, and depending on what people want I'm usually able to make custom kits and depending on the quantity offer a deal.

Is there interest in a group buy? If so, what tools/bits would be useful for you?
Here's a little about some custom sets I've done. I apologize for the production quality of the video! https://chapmanmfg.com/products/coleman-collectors-9600-set

Thanks!
Joel
joel@chapmanmfg.com

Joel, I have a set I purchased at a sports expo years ago.  Great tools.  I use them often.  With regard to the link I like the idea of the set in the yellow snap package, something one could carry in his pocket or throw in a tackle box.  AT members what do you think about this little yellow package?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Reel 224

Quote from: Dominick on December 05, 2018, 05:32:19 PM
Quote from: ChapmanMFG on December 05, 2018, 02:25:59 PM

Thanks!
Joel
joel@chapmanmfg.com

Joel, I have a set I purchased at a sports expo years ago.  Great tools.  I use them often.  With regard to the link I like the idea of the set in the yellow snap package, something one could carry in his pocket or throw in a tackle box.  AT members what do you think about this little yellow package?  Dominick

Well I think you know how I feel but I say it again. "Great Idea"! With an Alan Tani Logo..................................Joe