8 (100%)
No. 7731
0 (0%)
No number
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Reel 224

Take me off the list. I'll buy my own..........................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

PacRat

Quote from: ChapmanMFG on November 24, 2018, 10:31:01 PM
Quote from: Frank on November 22, 2018, 07:32:26 PM
I have one of these sets and I'm very happy with it. Just order the two JIS bits they have listed  separately and you are n business. Use code EatHardNapHard for additional savings:

https://chapmanmfg.com/products/master-kit-5575

Thanks so much for posting about our screwdriver sets! As all probably already know, we are a very small company (15 of us) with a small ad budget, so the vast majority of our sales come from word of mouth. Recommending our tools really makes a difference in our sales.

Striper Lou- have you seen our 59' Apache at shows?

Frank- I live in Madison too!

Maxed Out- our tools are designed for hand use only. Our bits are designed to bend/break BEFORE damaging the screw they fit. That's why we're so popular with people who work on extremely delicate and or antique equipment like firearms and of course reels.

Tiddlerbasher- I wish there was a more economical way to ship to the UK. We do have one distributor who sells online, but only our pocket packs as of right now. https://www.labourandwait.co.uk/collections/household/products/ratchet-screwdriver

Thanks!
- Joel
joel@chapmanmfg.com

Joel,
Looks like this didn't get much traction. I'm still interested in putting a set together for myself and then I'll post a list of what bits I chose. Do you have a master list of all available bits? I was on your website and there where a couple that the Wheeler bits actually seemed to fit better and I was trying to cross reference it to your Chapmans as I like the design better. With that said; sometimes I will just modify your bits to fit perfect (as would a lot of the guys here). Also, is there any way you could hook us up with a discount code?

Thanks
Mike

sdlehr

I found it a bit less than straighforward filling out the survey up at the top. I found no 1000 choice on the website. What is "no number"? Is that the same as "other"? I would vote to retry with direct links to the items under consideration. Perhaps this would gain more traction if it were a bit easier.
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Reel 224

Quote from: sdlehr on December 13, 2018, 06:17:55 PM
I found it a bit less than straighforward filling out the survey up at the top. I found no 1000 choice on the website. What is "no number"? Is that the same as "other"? I would vote to retry with direct links to the items under consideration. Perhaps this would gain more traction if it were a bit easier.

Sid: You have to look closely at the site but I think that people are not so hyped on getting a good deal and have a Alan Tani set to show of. That is why I got discussed with with this slow to respond to the survey, so I will ask how much it is for me to by a single soft kit.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

PacRat

I never found no. 1000 either. I think I found about 8 or 9 bits that looked like they could handle all of our custom reels plus Penn, Newell and imports. I has 2 JIS, 3 Allen, and four flat. This included a large flat for spinner bails. With the screwdriver handle and extensions it good to include a smaller Allen key to lock the bits and extension in place. I lost my list but I believe I included one or 2 flat bits that were slightly oversize with the intention of fitting them. Either by thinning a too thick blade or narrowing a too wide blade so it won't scratch side plates. I raided my Chapman and Wheeler sets and tried them on all my reels. In some instances the Wheeler fit better so I attempted to cross reference it from the Chapman site (if I didn't have the Chapman in my gun kit). That's why I asked for a 'master list' with specs.
Mike

Reel 224

The 1000 kit is the top RED!! box