Soft carry pack
8 (100%)
No. 7731
0 (0%)
No number
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

PacRat

I've had Chapmans for decades now and they are top quality. A reel-specific set would be a must have on any extended fishing trip. It would be ideal if we had a small, select committee (I'm thinking Allan, Sal and Fred) to decide which bits are essential. Flat, Phillips. JIS, hex key and torx.  A shortened version of Allan's handle wrench that fits inside the case would put this set right over the top.
That's my two cents worth
Mike

sdlehr

Dominick, if you're suggesting trying to get a bulk order together at a discount I'm interested... not sure if that is where you were going with this.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Dominick

Quote from: sdlehr on December 05, 2018, 07:47:56 PM
Dominick, if you're suggesting trying to get a bulk order together at a discount I'm interested... not sure if that is where you were going with this.

Sid

Yes.  I am assuming that is what is suggested in a group buy.  If everyone interested looks at the lineup in the link they can vote on which would be ideal and let us know which should a group purchase.  Mike great idea on including the handle nut wrench.  A little pocket pouch is my vote.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

reel man

Include me for a combined order. I have a miss matched number of screw drivers, and tips for my battery powered screw driver.

Reel 224

So moving forward should we put it to vote, and what design/color or logo? This is only a suggestion. I think all people that have business here should definitely pitch in. I am willing too.

Dominick: Please put it to a vote.                            Joe 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Swami805

I'd be in for a set, some basic stuff. Not picky about a design.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

bluefish69

I'm in for a set but it must have the J I S Tips included.

Didn't we have a LoGo or emblem on the shirts we had made up. Lets just keep the same thing going.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Dominick

I set up a poll at the beginning of the page.  You have to go to this link to view the models.

https://chapmanmfg.com/products/coleman-collectors-9600-set

I Would like the soft carry pack.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: PacRat on December 05, 2018, 07:44:17 PM
I've had Chapmans for decades now and they are top quality. A reel-specific set would be a must have on any extended fishing trip. It would be ideal if we had a small, select committee (I'm thinking Allan, Sal and Fred) to decide which bits are essential. Flat, Phillips. JIS, hex key and torx.  A shortened version of Allan's handle wrench that fits inside the case would put this set right over the top.
Mike

I like Mike's idea.
If I'm going to pack a tool kit, I want everything in one kit. We all already have some type of mismatched kit, why not bring a reel solution to the table?

I'd be in for two or three kits if the criteria is right.

Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

bhale1

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on December 06, 2018, 01:12:46 PM
Quote from: PacRat on December 05, 2018, 07:44:17 PM
Mike

I like Mike's idea.
If I'm going to pack a tool kit, I want everything in one kit. We all already have some type of mismatched kit, why not bring a reel solution to the table?

x3...Brett

I'd be in for two or three kits if the criteria is right.

Tom

Reel 224

Lets see what Chapman offers as a price for the soft pack and if it is the rite price. I would be willing to buy several myself..................Joe 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

broadway

After speaking with Joel last week I had figured you guys might be interested in a group-buy so that's what I suggested.  I also suggested we try to make a custom set specific to reels.  As Tom has already mentioned, we all have individual pieces that we use to work on our reels so this might be a great opportunity to make an "All in one" set.  Let's take advantage of Joel's willingness and abilities to get this done for us.
Just my opinion but it would be a shame to let this opportunity pass. I think it's a good idea to head up a committee with a few of our guys to take the reigns.  Also, we may wanna have the aftermarket sellers on here list the sizes and bits we would need to work with their parts.
Hope this can be done in an orderly and correct way.  Don't forget to leave a few open spaces for future needs.
Thanks,
Dom
PS- Thanks for getting on top of this Dominick :-*

oc1

I'm interested if it is a soft pack and has space to add a model-specific reel wrench or two.
-steve

Dominick

Quote from: broadway on December 08, 2018, 10:00:29 PM
    After speaking with Joel last week I had figured you guys might be interested in a group-buy so that's what I suggested.  I also suggested we try to make a custom set specific to reels.  As Tom has already mentioned, we all have individual pieces that we use to work on our reels so this might be a great opportunity to make an "All in one" set.  Let's take advantage of Joel's willingness and abilities to get this done for us.
Just my opinion but it would be a shame to let this opportunity pass. I think it's a good idea to head up a committee with a few of our guys to take the reigns.  Also, we may wanna have the aftermarket sellers on here list the sizes and bits we would need to work with their parts.
Hope this can be done in an orderly and correct way.  Don't forget to leave a few open spaces for future needs.
Thanks,
Dom
PS- Thanks for getting on top of this Dominick :-*

Dom, you are right on.  It looks like Joel can add any sizes in the pack.  He might be able to source a handle nut wrench small enough and have both popular sizes on it.  What would you suggest for reel tools?  Maybe the exact size screwdriver bit (flat head), phillips and JIS.  Looking at the packet on the Chapman set it has 6 bits so 2 of each would work.  Also a Tani wrench about 1/2 the size of the Tani wrench would complete the set.  If Joel does not have a source for a shortened handle nut wrench perhaps the plastic packet could contain a slot to hold a Tani or a Penn wrench.  I like the whole concept, all we need to do is figure out the bits to include.  Dominick

broadway

Even better...  A "Tani-style" wrench in there would be a great addition.
Dom

Forgot to answer your question, Dominick... I use a bunch o different sizes when restoring vintage reels and modern builds so I need a bunch of slotted. Also, the Allen head sizes that Lou, Tom, Alan C, and the other aftermarket sellers use for their wares.  Maybe a custom gear sleeve pin push bit in a couple different sizes (below 4/0 and above?), the Tani-style wrench you mentioned in the two sizes (maybe could replace the 1/4" drive ratchet- I don't use that one much??), a few phillips bits, and now I ran out cause that's what I would use.  Any other ideas guys?