Blue Fin are STILL being Caught at Cortez

Started by Crab Pot, November 30, 2018, 01:40:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crab Pot

If the reports keep going they way they are a few buds and I will be heading out on the Tribute out of Seaforth to chase BFT/YFT that amazingly enough are still out at Cortez Bank.

Only a 1.75 day trip but I'm dyeing to use my new 100 pound kit!

And my 20, 30, 50, and 80 kits...  ;D

Fingers crossed the reports stay good.

Also have a "Snowball's Chance in Haiti" of getting on the Spirit of Adventure through a friend who may have lost some spots on his charter.

Can't believe the "Boss" gave me the green light but she likes BF!

Wish us luck.
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

Jim Fujitani

GOOD LUCK!!

I hope you "limit out" with a brace of 100+ pounders!

Crab Pot

SoCalAngler

The smaller models seem to be the norm now. 15-35 lbers with the bulk being 20-25. The numbers really went down and with this storm several boats have packed it in for the winter.

I wish you luck and bring that 100 lb setup, you never know.

I only fished the Tribute one time and that was this year. We had a bad trip fishing wise and that happens I know but I was not impressed with the crew. I only tipped 10% because of the crew, but like I said only one trip so maybe it was a fluke.

Crab Pot

SoCalAngler,

THANK YOU for the honest report.

Naturally the landing is saying Wide Open, no mention of football's or the storm effects.

My buddy, who is local down there, is waiting till Wednesday for the go no go call.

Out of curiosity, what turned you off on the Tribute crew?

I'm new to So Cal fishing and value the input of those that have more rail time on the local boats. PM me if your more comfortable that way.

Thanks,

Steve

r8rs4lf

Has anyone seen any reports lately after this recent storm?

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Crab Pot

Well it looks like the bigger fish have left.

My buddy called me today and said it's not worth the road trip to catch footballs and maybe not even that.

Think I'll take my frustrations out on the local Bodega Bay Dungeness Crab population Thursday.

SoCalAngler

Quote from: Crab Pot on December 04, 2018, 03:18:33 AM

My buddy called me today and said it's not worth the road trip to catch footballs and maybe not even that.

Think I'll take my frustrations out on the local Bodega Bay Dungeness Crab population Thursday.

Yeah that was what I thought you should do but I didn't want to be negative about your trip.

Next year with a couple of weeks notice I may be able meet you guys on a boat and we can share some rail time.

Crab Pot

Quote from: SoCalAngler on December 05, 2018, 05:18:18 PM
Quote from: Crab Pot on December 04, 2018, 03:18:33 AM

Yeah that was what I thought you should do but I didn't want to be negative about your trip.

Next year with a couple of weeks notice I may be able meet you guys on a boat and we can share some rail time.

That would be great.

I hope to do 4 trips next season.

Some local recon would be nice.

What boat/s do you like down there?

SoCalAngler

Well it depends if I go local to me, I'm in north Orange County, or head to San Dee Eggo ;). Also the length of the trip matters and the coast.

So when it gets closer to time to head out we may want to talk about that then. Sometimes captains change boats and the crew members come and go. Whats been good for the last few years may be very different next year.