Tiger Shrimp wtih Vegs

Started by Gobi King, December 03, 2018, 06:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobi King

Shrimps are my fav'st thing to eat.
While out at Aldi getting groceries, I saw they were selling tiger shrimps. I picked up a bag and couple of bags of frozen mixed vegetables.

Tiger Shrimp with Vegetables.

Ingredients
1. Tiger shrimps - 12 count
2. Frozen vegetables 24 oz
3. Onion - 1 large
4. Garlic - Couple of cloves
5. Turmeric, salt, ginger paste, chili powder and salt
6. Tomatoes

Dice up onions with garlic and lightly brown in oil.
Add a little water and spices and mix together.
Then throw in the tomatoes and mix again.
Then throw in shrimps and mix everything up at high heat. Throw in vegetables and mix again,
Add few green chilis and let it simmer and lid on and turn heat off when shrimp looks cooked.

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

JoseCuervo

That looks great, but wouldn't one typically shell them before cooking?

Gobi King

That is the best part of shrimps in my books, I love chewing the shell, when I was younger, my mother would clean the back vein and cook and entire shrimp as in the pic, the juices and flavor from the shell is "awesome" I mean it totally different than peeled shrimp.
Fichigan

Dominick

Quote from: Gobi King on December 03, 2018, 07:10:23 PM
That is the best part of shrimps in my books, I love chewing the shell, when I was younger, my mother would clean the back vein and cook and entire shrimp as in the pic, the juices and flavor from the shell is "awesome" I mean it totally different than peeled shrimp.

Yep!  I totally agree.  I also like them cooked with guajillo peppers and garlic.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

ChileRelleno

Late to the party  :-[

But dang do those look divine.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Gobi King

Thanks guys,
I found tiger shrimps with with the tentacles and claws and it all at the Vietnamese grocery store, I think they imported from Thailand.
I am going to give it a shot next time I am there.
Fichigan