For Sale: Hard To Find Accurate Framed 9/0 In 9.5 Condition. For Cortez Plates?

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, December 04, 2018, 06:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I just went on a buying spree and need to refill the fishing bank account.  Here is a near mint 9/0 Penn Senator with a beautiful red Accurate full frame.  The Accuframe is perfect except for some small marks on the edge of the foot of the stand.  The 9/0 Accuframe is very hard to find, especially in this condition.  The reel is a solid 9.5.  It is the ball-bearing style with aluminum spool full of what I was told is good 100 lb. braid.  This would make a great donor reel for Tom's soon to be available 9/0 side plates kit.  It is $225 PayPal plus shipping at the actual cost of postage.  Please take a look at the photos and let me know if you want it.  The other reel in the photos was sold, but I have several beautiful 9/0 Senators available in both ball bearing and bushing models.  I also have a pre-part number 9/0 (and a pre-part number 10/0 and 12/0) that's in good working condition but only a 7 for looks, and a collection of 12/0, 14/0 and 16/0 Senators that I would love to sell.

Thanks,

Randy

Reel 224

Randy: Your killing me, I would grab that reel in a second if it were not for the cash I have put out this year. So be it, next time maybe.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Saaben

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Saaben on December 15, 2018, 12:20:06 PM
Curious if you wanted to post pictures of the 12/0? Thanks

I have a couple of 12/0s Saaben.  One is an early model, pre-part number reel with the counterbalanced coin-edge handle with a beautiful wooden knob (it looks like rosewood, as you can see in the close up photo below).  It is in good working condition, complete with rod clamp and brace.  I would rate it as a 6-7 cosmetically.

The second 12/0 is a newer 117L Made in the USA reel.  It has a few tiny marks, but it is possible that it has never been used.  It has the rod clamp but the brace is missing.

If either (or both) of those might work for you, I am open to reasonable offers.

Thank you,

Randy