NEW ITEMS!: TIBURON EXTRA NARROW SQUIDDER & NEWELL 300 SERIES KITS FOR JANUARY

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, December 04, 2018, 09:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I think that Tiburon's green is darker than Tom's and not close to a match.

mhc

Hi Randy, Is there any chance tiburon will make an extra XN squidder spool or two or will they only sell the spool & frame kit like the XN jigmaster run? 
Thanks
Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

r8rs4lf

I'm in for a N322XN kit in black with a silver spool. Thank you!

Hey Randy, any side by side pics for comparison?

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on December 06, 2018, 05:35:28 AM
Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on December 05, 2018, 04:28:05 PM
Hello Randy,

Will the Squidder frames be half frames or the topless style?

Thanks,
Tom

Tom, they will be the same style as all of the current Tiburon Squidder and Jigmaster and the smaller Newell frames, topless half frames to fit your "old-style" side plate design.

Thanks Randy.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Decker

P16XN  - dang, in January!   Will you do another run in the summer? ::)

STRIPER LOU

Randy, the thought of a Magnum Squidder would be the bomb. I'm pretty sure any serious reel guy would jump at the chance to own one or more!

Possibly you and Tom might consider a collaboration on this in the future?

Either way, these kits are the best I've ever had the opportunity to use, great work!     Thanks  ....    Lou

Swami805

I'm in for a squidder kit in purple and a Newell kit in dark green.
Thanks for doing these Randy, a xtra narrow Newell will be something, I'll have to canabalize a reel with Bryan's sideplates. Ought to be a heck of a reel!
Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Frank

Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: mhc on December 06, 2018, 11:20:54 AM
Hi Randy, Is there any chance tiburon will make an extra XN squidder spool or two or will they only sell the spool & frame kit like the XN jigmaster run? 
Thanks
Mike

Mike, I have ordered complete kits, but if you would like an extra spool, I am pretty sure that it's not too late for me to order one.  It would be $65 plus shipping at the actual cost of postage.  Would you like one, and if so, which color?

Thanks,

Randy

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: r8rs4lf on December 06, 2018, 12:17:32 PM

I wish that I had kept a P21XN but I didn't, so I don't have anything here to photograph, but just picture a 322 only 3/8" narrower.  If anyone else here might have a 501 and a P21XN and wouldn't mind posting a photo side by side, that would be great.

Thanks,

Randy

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Decker on December 06, 2018, 02:37:20 PM
P16XN  - dang, in January!   Will you do another run in the summer? ::)

Joe, I have a few other projects that will run into the summer, and I can't bite off too many at the same time, so I probably will not be running them again anytime soon, but if you want to give me a firm order for your kit and will be ready to take it by June, I would be happy to hold it for you.  If that works, what color(s) would you like?

Thanks,

Randy

mikeysm

Swami805

Here's a xn jiggy with a 322 newell on top and bottom. Pretty slick
Do what you can with that you have where you are

r8rs4lf

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on December 06, 2018, 07:51:33 PM
Quote from: r8rs4lf on December 06, 2018, 12:17:32 PM

I wish that I had kept a P21XN but I didn't, so I don't have anything here to photograph, but just picture a 322 only 3/8" narrower.  If anyone else here might have a 501 and a P21XN and wouldn't mind posting a photo side by side, that would be great.

Thanks,

Randy

Ok so by my quick measurement, a factory NL322 Newell from inner side plate to inner side plate is 1 5/8". So it ends up being 1 1/4"?

Fishy247

QuoteOk so by my quick measurement, a factory NL322 Newell from inner side plate to inner side plate is 1 5/8". So it ends up being 1 1/4"?

Isn't that the width of the p21xn?