shimano Triton trolling series 50 preload washers, belleview washers

Started by Navidad Nutcase, December 07, 2018, 12:20:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Navidad Nutcase

Hi all,  just a short note of what could be some useful information for Shimano tts reel owners.  I was digging thru the various pre-load washers I have been picking up over the last couple of months. Still trying to match up some replacement belleview washers for my little international 12's.
Anyway. A Penn international 965 pre-load and/or  one for shimano  cosair,200, 200a and 300A washer is an exact fit for these Triton reels - EXCEPT ! - for the thickness. the ones in my hand are 2 different thickness and I kinda screwed up here. I don't remember which one came out of which little envelope !! so if you need preloads for the 30,or 50 triton series reels you'll have to order both these numbers. Unless I get back to my corsair or 965 and tear one down. Maybe someone else knows the difference. The shimano part # is BNT 1455-drag spring ''H'' . The Penn washer part number is 18-965. the thickness's (using a Micr. not a calipers)  are 37thou.  and 38.5 thou.(probably metric which leads me to think this is the shimano washer. ) The ones here in my TTS 50W  are 39.5 thou.
that's all.
Don't criticize our kids. We too were once "young n' dumb".... Fortunately - and sadly - neither condition is permanent.