Daiwa Sealine 50H and/or Shimano TLD20 Narrow Tiburon Kits?

Started by jigmaster501, December 07, 2018, 11:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jigmaster501

Since we are not getting enough interest, would a narrow 300h be better option that would draw more interest???

Hey its Christmas, everyone needs to get themselves a gift.

Merry Christmas for those who celebrate and for those who celebrate something else, just make sure to enjoy it and cook your food safely.

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

enfish

Just saw this post. I'd be in for a topless TLD20 frame.

Frank

The thread started out as a Daiwa Sealine thread and morphed into a Shimano TLD thread. Don't know when the title was changed. Perhaps start again with two separate threads? I'm still down for a narrow Diawa 50H.

Merry Christmas,

Frank
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

SevenYearsDown

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Eugene, I really appreciate you trying to put this together, but I am only counting four or five people interested in Daiwa frames.  I don't mind rolling the dice and committing to half of the run, but it does not look like we are going to be able to come close to enough interest to justify an order for 50 kits, which is what I would need to buy to make it happen.

Randy

jigmaster501

RowdyW

Randy, why do people want a narrowed TLD 20 or 25. Just to have something different? I would like to see standard width TLD 20 & 25 single speed frames in aluminum to get rid of the weak graphite frames that break in the foot area. By building normal width TLD 20 & 25's there is no need for special spools. There are no problems with the graphite side plate so it can be used with an aluminum frame. An aluminum side plate would be nice though. I would jump on aluminum frames for TLD 20 & 25's in normal widths. If I really needed a narrower reel in this class there are plenty of reels in the marketplace that will fill the bill and probably cost less in the long run. That's just my opinion but maybe you or Tom can pick up the ball and get it rolling.            Rudy

conchydong

Quote from: RowdyW on April 26, 2019, 08:08:24 PM
Randy, why do people want a narrowed TLD 20 or 25. Just to have something different? I would like to see standard width TLD 20 & 25 single speed frames in aluminum to get rid of the weak graphite frames that break in the foot area. By building normal width TLD 20 & 25's there is no need for special spools. There are no problems with the graphite side plate so it can be used with an aluminum frame. An aluminum side plate would be nice though. I would jump on aluminum frames for TLD 20 & 25's in normal widths. If I really needed a narrower reel in this class there are plenty of reels in the marketplace that will fill the bill and probably cost less in the long run. That's just my opinion but maybe you or Tom can pick up the ball and get it rolling.            Rudy

I agree with you Rudy. The only TLD that I wouldn't mind seeing a tad bit narrower is the 15. Most who own these proven reels realize their capabilities and still fish them with mono.

day0ne

Quote from: RowdyW on April 26, 2019, 08:08:24 PM

Have you ever seen a 20 (single speed) or a 25 break?
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

RowdyW

I've got a TLD 25 frame with a severe break in my junk box. When it cracked it also twisted out of shape.  Do you want it?  ;D ;D The one I'm most worried about is my TLD 50II. No frames available anymore from Shimano.