Penn boxed reels

Started by handi2, December 07, 2018, 11:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handi2

I don't consider them antique but they are collectors. One Penn 114H, one 112H, and 3 113H all NIB. The customer bought them to use for fishing. I tried to talk him out of them but no way.

The boxes are worn but contain everything as new. They will be rebuilt, spooled, and ready to go.

Keith

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Reel 224

I hope he will fish them......................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

RowdyW

30 years from now people will be scrambling for a chance to get an as new reel that was put away for posterity. There is plenty of slightly used ones to fish with.           Rudy

handi2

I told him they should be put away but he is fishing them. I told him a while  back to look for them in this style. Accessible drag, thinner harness lugs, and thinner posts. I told him they would more than likely have steel gears. They do.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

RowdyW

Keith, how about sweetening the pot by offering a compatible used reel with a little cash. Then he will still be able to fish the same model reels.      Rudy

Gfish

Does he wanna keep the boxes too?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Penn Chronology

Of course it is personal preference about whether to fish a collectible or not. One thing is for sure, when someone starts to use a NOS collectible, it makes the other surviving un-used ones a bit more special. They were made to be fished, no doubt; but, if I have a NOS Black Side Plate 114H in the original box. I would shelve it and then tank out a used one for fishing. But that's just me...................... Happy Holidays to all!!