Not taking rod orders anymore

Started by Newell Nut, December 12, 2018, 07:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

The latest off the lathe is my personal grouper rod for the new boat which will also double as a trolling rod. Built on a Rainshadow Stubby 50 with Alps butt and rollers. Most people lose big bottom fish because they play tug of war with the fish the first few seconds and then they are cut off. I am getting plenty of rod holders on both sides of the boat and this rod will rest in a forward holder with a circle hook and live boat on the bottom. When the fish hooks itself I am going crank like crazy and leave the rod in the holder. Sal may recognize the reel.

Dwight

Alto Mare

Mr. Universe, I do not remember that reel. I do remember putting one together for you, but that was a long time ago.
Looks like that boat will be well equipped.
Go ahead and break it in, I have a couple of tools I would like to try on some giant grouper some day....I'll pay for gas :)

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tightlines667

Quote from: Newell Nut on January 26, 2019, 06:58:23 PM
The latest off the lathe is my personal grouper rod for the new boat which will also double as a trolling rod. Built on a Rainshadow Stubby 50 with Alps butt and rollers. Most people lose big bottom fish because they play tug of war with the fish the first few seconds and then they are cut off. I am getting plenty of rod holders on both sides of the boat and this rod will rest in a forward holder with a circle hook and live boat on the bottom. When the fish hooks itself I am going crank like crazy and leave the rod in the holder. Sal may recognize the reel.

Dwight

Interesting concept.
I like it!

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Newell Nut

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 26, 2019, 08:44:55 PM
Mr. Universe, I do not remember that reel. I do remember putting one together for you, but that was a long time ago.
Looks like that boat will be well equipped.
Go ahead and break it in, I have a couple of tools I would like to try on some giant grouper some day....I'll pay for gas :)

Sal

Sal,

Once I get a bunch of my Loran numbers converted and dialed in tight I will let you know. Grouper season opens May 1. Funny thing for me personally is that I have always caught my biggest ones in April. You are only a one day drive away. Long day drive.

Dwight

Alto Mare

Sounds good. Driving I could handle.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Donnyboat

Good luck Dwight, wishing you good fun & many happy safe trips, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

kmstorm64

Quote from: Dominick on December 12, 2018, 08:10:29 PM
Quote from: Newell Nut on December 12, 2018, 07:40:31 PM
Boat name is Stress Free.

Dwight

Boat owners are never stress free, but on the other hand being on your own schedule makes it stress free.  Dominick

One of the nice things about Kayaks, never a line at the launch, can launch almost anywhere, and you rarely get another Kayaker getting drunk and trying to run you over to get in your spot!
Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!

RowdyW

Watch out for the drunk real boaters that won't see you out on the water.  :D

Caranx

Retirement is great.
You can leave dock when you want to and return home when you feel like it.
Enjoy! Well deserved.
Since retired, first thing I do when I wake up is check the weather and surf conditions. And then check it again before I go to sleep. 👍🏼👍🏼