my first ever rod built from the blank, Superman themed rod by Steelfish

Started by steelfish, December 17, 2018, 08:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

Alex: You have truly progressed since you first came here. Good for you! You prove to people that hard work and being a good study Pays off.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

steelfish

The Baja Guy

oldmanjoe

Quote from: steelfish on December 18, 2018, 08:10:59 PM
Quote from: Fishy247 on December 18, 2018, 07:33:00 PM
Fantastic job Alex! I really like the clean lines and consistency you bring to all of your projects. So what was the experimental dragon scale?

well, I called experimental for me, but maybe it was used before by lots of rodbuilders out there, its hard to explain but I used the same techique to make dragon scales but only on a spiral way around the cosmetic wrap, my plan was to dont go for the whole dragon scale effect, imaging a DNA chain and then wrapped around the blank (LOL told you, hard to explain) its also hard to see on the pics but in person is more noticiable depending on the sunlight, I dont think I will do it again waaay to much time consuming.

maybe you can see what I tried to explain on the next pics, dont look for the dragon scale effect on the long costmetic wrap, but for some spiral thread effect with 3  thead lines and also a connecting thread between the lines formed by the thread used for the spiral effect.
es
You have me thinking about the DNA chain ..   How about using  drywall mesh tape cut in a strip , random cut out a few 'boxes' ,a few twists and turns for the foundation . :-\
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Squidh90

That's a beautiful rod you've made. It's probably one of the nicest I've ever seen.