Calcutta 400s Question

Started by George P., December 19, 2018, 12:31:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George P.

I was leaving on a full day trip out of Point Loma a few months back. Had just put fresh spectra and top shot on the reel. Was putting the side plate back on and broke off one of the screws inside the frame. It didn't seem to tighten quite good enough, and I kept tightening it down until it broke. It really didn't feel that tight and I was pretty shocked/disappointed about the whole deal. Anyways I would like to know if this is something Shimano can replace? I can drill out the broken off screw myself but not sure if its a replaceable part due to the fact that it does not come off the side plate, or can it come off? I really enjoyed this reel and wouldn't be too keen on just having it replaced. Thanks.

-George

alantani

any chance there's a stud sticking out that you could grab?  otherwise you'd have to cut a slot with a dremel and try to remove it with a small flat screwdriver. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

handi2

The side plate screws are easily replaced. Getting the old piece out of the frame isn't always that easy. If part of it is sticking up out of the frame hole it can be grabbed by a small pair of vise grips and removed. If its broken flush a left handed drill bit may work. Multiple ways to get the old piece out.

I have found that the sideplate screws could be a little bit longer.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

George P.

Thanks guys. All I needed to know. Getting the piece out won't be the easiest but doable. Was going to upload a pic but couldn't figure out how.

whalebreath

Quote from: handi2 on December 19, 2018, 07:40:01 PM
I have found that the sideplate screws could be a little bit longer.
Quite agree!