Thank you Jersey Boys (and women)

Started by Dominick, December 19, 2018, 07:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

New Jersey members thanks for doing your part.  New Jersey fishermen spent $300M on fishing tackle.  California and Florida were not so far behind.  Dominick

https://www.app.com/story/sports/outdoors/fishing/hook-line-and-sinker/2018/12/15/new-jersey-fishermen-spent-300-m-tackle-report/2320625002/
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Reel 224

We do our part, but I believe I did help California and Florida this year. ;) ;D

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

wascallywabit

Fishy247

Hmm....looks like I gotta step up my game!

I can see it now...."But babe! New Jersey will win! So you see, I HAVE to buy this(these) reel(s)...."

Reel 224

You got to get a woman that like to fish and owns a boat. ;) ;D ;D

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

MarkT

Per the article Florida, California and Texas come in ahead of New Jersey. I'm usually good for $10k in California/Mexico on trips and gear.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

happyhooker

Lots of stats on this stuff.  The American Sportfishing Assoc. puts out a lot of numbers on the total fishing-related (not just gear) expenditures.  Florida tends be #1 in a lot of the reports, followed by New York, California, Michigan and Minnesota (not necessarily in that order).

Frank

oc1

They keep very close track of that stuff because they collect excise taxes (up to 10% for some items) on fishing and boating equipment under the Dingell-Johnson Act and Pittman Robertson Act.  Google them.  The taxes are collected from importers and distributors but they just pass the cost on to us fishermen and boaters.  That money is then sent to the states for sport fish restoration, boating access and other projects.

The amount sent to a state is not necessarily proportional to the amount of tax collected from residents of that state.  Each of the fifty states gets at least 1% of the money.  Alaska gets five times more than New Jersey.

-steve

Fishy247

QuoteYou got to get a woman that like to fish and owns a boat. Wink Grin Grin
I already got me one of those Joe. Minus the boat anyways.... ;)
I'd say about half of my builds and upgrades I'm doing for her!

Reel 224

Quote from: Fishy247 on December 20, 2018, 07:07:56 PM
QuoteYou got to get a woman that like to fish and owns a boat. Wink Grin Grin
I already got me one of those Joe. Minus the boat anyways.... ;)

That a boy ;) You know what to do. ;D

Joe

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Fishy247

« Reply #9 on: Today at 11:24:07 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote 

Quote from: Fishy247 on Today at 11:07:56 AM

You got to get a woman that like to fish and owns a boat. Wink Grin Grin

I already got me one of those Joe. Minus the boat anyways.... Wink

That a boy Wink You know what to do. Grin

That's right! Make hers just a little purtier than mine.... ;)

rubberheels

Quote from: Reel 224 on December 19, 2018, 10:14:01 PM
We do our part, but I believe I did help California and Florida this year. ;) ;D

Joe
Us Jersey guys are Fishin Equip Junkys! Do I really ned 35 fishing rods and reels? Never mind a hundred plugs and lures!