Main Menu

RR In my time

Started by Reel 224, December 23, 2018, 07:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

MarkT

I watched the whole thing. Thanks for putting it up.  I've always loved steam!

I've been to the Colorado Railroad Museum in Golden CO, the Orange Empire railroad museum in Perris CA and the National Railway Museum in York, England.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

George6308

Thanks Joe, enjoyed the video. Santa bringing you a steam engine or the lathe in the video?

Reel 224

Quote from: George6308 on December 23, 2018, 11:37:26 PM
Thanks Joe, enjoyed the video. Santa bringing you a steam engine or the lathe in the video?

I have a better chance at the lathe then the Steam Locomotive, I'm in communication with a German company for future Lathe and tools. I have to get away from Chine Machine products.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

mo65

Great video Joe...thanks for posting! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Reel 224

Quote from: mo65 on December 24, 2018, 03:02:04 PM
Great video Joe...thanks for posting! 8)

I love old steam, as a young boy my Father wold tell me about the days he was building Steam engines and the large tool they would work with to assemble a steam engines.

In the town I lived in the R/R side rail ran behind out home, I was fascinated at the locomotive. Those were wonderful times.

Joe   

Bill B

I will have to come back and watch this, sounds very interesting.  My great grandfather was an engineer for the Santa Fe RR in the 40's. When coming home (Denver, Colorado) from every trip he would blow the train whistle at the outskirts of town to let his wife and my grandmother know he was back from his last run.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

conchydong

Pretty neat stuff. There was also a good show on PBS about Cuba's Sugar Trains on a few months ago. If you ever get the chance to see it is also very interesting as they began as early as 1837 and were owned by the big American companies, Hershey (chocolate) being one of them.

Scott