Shimano 401TE (CTE-401) Click Switch Cam

Started by steelhead_killer, January 30, 2020, 12:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelhead_killer

Any helpful hints on how to keep the part BNT2759 Click Switch Cam (Also known as $!@#%^@#) in place, properly engaged and under load from the spring while putting the head plate on?  If I don't keep it under my finger, it will raise up from the loaded spring and disengage from the Click Link.  Adding this little tidbit, I am scared to put too much pressure on it for fear of damage. This is a discontinued part from everywhere online. 

Thanks!

Andy
><)))">

alantani

just very carefully.  there is really no good or easy way to do this.  usually it will stay in place it you don't bump it around too much.  otherwise, just shimmy it back into position and it should be ok.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

steelhead_killer

Thank you!  I have tried holding it but it just poops up once any pressure is off of it.  I need a third hand...or finger.
><)))">

alantani

just off the top, i'd say a skinny straw or piece of metal tubing could hold it down, then slide the side plate down over the tubing, then screw it in place.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

steelhead_killer

Thank you!

Quote from: alantani on January 30, 2020, 01:30:42 AM
just off the top, i'd say a skinny straw or piece of metal tubing could hold it down, then slide the side plate down over the tubing, then screw it in place.   :-\
><)))">