Ocea Jigger 2000nr Gear Swap

Started by duweezy, December 27, 2018, 09:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duweezy

Hi, I was wondering if you can do a simple gear swap (drive and pinion gear) to turn a PG into a HG on the 2017 Ocea Jigger 2000nr. If so, does anybody know where I can get JDM parts?

Thank you

boon

Looking at the schematics the gears should just swap over.

I cannot find an english-language schematic for the life of me. If you know what parts you need, plat.co.jp should be able to supply them.

boon

Confirmed, Plat has the parts you need.

https://www.plat.co.jp/shop/catalog/partsorder/language/en/products_id/2065

I believe you'll need items 48 and 59. Should be a shade under $40, plus shipping.

duweezy

That's what I thought too when looking at the Jap schematics but I just needed that warm fuzzy feeling with a second opinion. Thanks a bunch! Have a happy new year!

duweezy

Just wanted to mention that I was successfully able to swap gears from PG 5.1:1 to HG 6.1:1 on this reel with just the drive and pinion!

redsetta

Nice work mate and thanks for sharing the success.
Let us know how you get on with it!
Those Oceas look sweet.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

boon

Quote from: duweezy on March 05, 2019, 03:59:58 AM
Just wanted to mention that I was successfully able to swap gears from PG 5.1:1 to HG 6.1:1 on this reel with just the drive and pinion!

Thanks for following up, it's confirmation that stuff like that works that makes this site such a great resource.

scharebear

So I tried the gear swap on the older ocea jigger, (2011-17 I believe). I have 2001nrpg and tried the hg gears purchased from plat.co.jp and it doesn't seem to work. The main gear is slightly bigger which is expected, the pinion slightly smaller except at the bottom it remains same thickness so when it tries to rise up to disengage it bumps into main gear. The bottom also has some gear still there, not smooth. Think it might be defective part? From what little I know about how these work the bottom has to be narrower so that it can ride up and disengage. Am I missing something?

Bryan Young

Ice done gear swaps. I changed out the main gear, pinion gear and the yoke.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

scharebear

Thanks for the reply.
Did you swap the gears on the same model, 2011-17 ocea jigger 2000/2001?
If so do you have specific part numbers you used?
Why change the yoke, is that necessary?
Do you think the pinion gear in the picture above is defective? Should it still have gear notches at the bottom?
TIA

Bryan Young

I went in reverse. HG to PG.  in addition to the gears, I also switched out the yoke just in case, and I believe that was it. I don't know the part numbers as since I was going to a slower speed, I used Trinidad's gears and yoke. Not sure it it makes a difference.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

scharebear

Thanks for the info. Do you have the old gears, want to sell them? Also, did you look at pic of pinion gear in my original post? Does it appear defective?

Bryan Young

I do not have the old gears.  All parts are returned with the reel when the reel is serviced.  Sorry.