YELLOWTAIL FROM SHORE

Started by Cor, December 29, 2018, 06:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cor

For Dominick I've added another video of a place 2 miles away from where the previous was made.    It is just to show that with Yellowtail you just never quite know and constantly need to try what works on the day.    In this film they are taking a very slow surface lure!   I would say in 70% of cases fast is best but sometimes slow is what works ;D

The wind gusts were tremendously strong that day, maybe 40 knots making for very difficult fishing.

Cornelis

Dominick

Thanks Cor.  Instinctively I expected to see some of the fisherman vary the speed of retrieve.  I'm glad that it worked.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

steelfish

that last video remained me when I went to Puerto Vallarta for vacation and some friends invited me to go surf fishing for jack Crevalles.
with some 12ft and 13ft rods and long spool spinning rods, casting some surface lures good for catching rooster fish, jacks, pargo, needlefish, etc.

the technique seems pretty similar to yours, fast retrieve and dont slow down even if you see the fish swin after your lure.
The Baja Guy

Cor

Quote from: steelfish on January 02, 2019, 06:16:00 PM
that last video remained me when I went to Puerto Vallarta for vacation and some friends invited me to go surf fishing for jack Crevalles.
with some 12ft and 13ft rods and long spool spinning rods, casting some surface lures good for catching rooster fish, jacks, pargo, needlefish, etc.

the technique seems pretty similar to yours, fast retrieve and dont slow down even if you see the fish swin after your lure.

Correct....usually!
Looks nice there.
Cornelis