12 volt assist 4 u?

Started by gstours, January 04, 2019, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

To change things whay I can,  here a clip from this summer testing the shimano beastmaster electric reel.   its not for everybody.  Its got stamina, power, smmothness, and really helps you check your bait.   Is this all good?   no/yes?   I like any reel that has a nice fish attatched to the tag end. :'(

alantani

how much drag do you have? 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

bhale1

Gary,
So, I am assuming there is a way to set the drag? I mean so if they pull too much the reel shuts off so as to not go past whatever drag level you have pre-set?  I can see that being beneficial on all those deep drops. Looks pretty cool, but I imagine maintenance could be way beyond my newbie skill level.... ;D....I mean, I saw a digital screen, or something...... ??? ??? ???
Brett

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

David Hall

Quote from: bhale1 on January 04, 2019, 03:39:15 AM
Gary,
So, I am assuming there is a way to set the drag? I mean so if they pull too much the reel shuts off so as to not go past whatever drag level you have pre-set?  I can see that being beneficial on all those deep drops. Looks pretty cool, but I imagine maintenance could be way beyond my newbie skill level.... ;D....I mean, I saw a digital screen, or something...... ??? ??? ???
Brett

Yeah I hear you have to remove the electronics pack, heat it to 112 degrees to separate the access panel.
Brush clean all the components with a cleaner and pack the whole damn thing full of cals grease!

gstours

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.  It's just a toy ok🤷‍♂️.?    I,m shura when little johnee got his drum set next door 🚪 you hoped it wouldn't last! 😫
   The reel can operate in two programmable modes.  Constant spool speed or Rackaru,  which keeps constant pressure on the fish and quickly senses a change in drag pressure weather thru the fishes action or ground swells, or the fisherman lowering the rod quickly picking up the slack.  This rackaru mode is great for fighting the fish....
  The reel has programs for jigging as well as power assist dropping options.  The backlet led screen reads in meters of line out with auto 🛑 at the gunnel.   The reel can reel 28 pounds of drag for an extended amount of time.   Like any star drag reel it operates the spool through the drag plates. 
   I love the ratcheting drag ⭐️ star and shape.    You can easily detach the power cord and move around in the boat 🚣‍♀️ if needed.
   This reel can drag the fish or you can use the nice crank handle knob as shown in the clip.
         You wouldn't service your Beemer, Lexus, or Mercedes would you?🤦‍♀️   Like I said it is a fun toy.🎣

conchydong

Nice video. I enjoy the detailed process you guys go through when landing the Butts. I use electric reels a lot for Snapper, Grouper and Tilefish due to the weights required as a result of the Gulfstream current and depth. The Shimano seems nice, just a little pricier than the Daiwa or Banax.

Scott

David Hall

i'm going to start looking for one again.    :) :) :)

handi2

We use 4 of the Daiwa Tanacom Bull reels. You cant beat them for deep dropping in water up to 1,000 feet deep. I even bought a Tanacom 750 that you can actually hold while fishing if you wanted to.

We use them for deep water Grouper, Tilefish, Barrelfish, and many others. Any thing over 500 feet.

You set the drag just like any star drag reel. You set the reel to stop at the waterline and hand reel the rest. The reel automatically stops at 10' Or so from the top. Push the go lever and it will stop at the depth you set.

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Donnyboat

Yes good Gary, if anyone, wishes to learn more about electric fishing reels, just google Diawa electric reels, and you will get a you tube, on how they operate, thanks for showing us Gary, I get about 8 hours operating time out of a small quad bike battery, I did give the actual size of the battery, when we were on a post about Diawa Tanacom one thousand reels a year or two back. cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

gstours

Thanks for the reports from u all.  I misspelled the program of Rakuraku.   its the part of this reel i like for the actual fight after the hook is set.   it cranks yes thru the drag but senses when the spool is losing line and stops instantly.   when the pressure of the drag is less that the setting the reel sensors immediately start high winding of the motor, then tapers off the rpm as needed to keep constant tension on the fish.
   its kinda cool to use at first,  then you realize this thing works for you.  Without the motor running at a constant speed the heat to the motor, is muchly diminished.  this is no hype.   it works.  In the video you may see that there is just a lift and lower to gain line,   its saving energy for the rood person.  the reel picks up the line, thers no slack moving from the crank handle to the rod lift ever.  its just crazy...the reel can reel generally if you tighten the drag more.    Like I stated in my tests  cranking is limited to 28-29 pounds of cranking .......the drag itself is over 40lbs.  that me, you on the rail,   who really knows what you got till its got a rope on it right????  Saving the motor heat is important to any electric reel or car starter.
   I got this as a gift last year as a gift last year from a appreciative friend.   It is a pretty well thought out toy.  It rocks if you want to take the work out of deep dropping,  Up here wher I live thers black cod in the winter and spring catchable lot far away butt... they are about 800- 2000 feet deep.   Black cod smoked is very very good.   Nobody around,   nor cares...l  Just deep,   out of touch?????     or get tired of just catching fish after fish?   I still like my crank reels one or two speed butt this baby is variable speed.   that makes 3 options out there for you.  I,m not saying one is better than the other.   
     With the 12 year old rule is a redhead pretty?  The blond is possibly dumb?  The curly haired one just winked your sisters friend?  You be the judge.