American Stove Company Range

Started by Bill B, February 05, 2019, 03:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

I have NG in my home as well, but I just explained that PP was used in the US also, as oil and electric. I prefer NG over the other sources of fuel.

I have solar also, I wish they would offer some kind of storage then acid battery to consumers.

Joe   
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Bill B

Thanks guys, this is plumbed for natural gas, propane in my area can get pretty costly, I've seen people drop $800 plus to refill....when we moved in the wife got an estimate for the stove, and Joe is right, prices start at $15k for this style.  Safe to say it's not going anywhere 😜.  I will need to have it serviced soon to keep it at tip top shape, no messing around with gas for me 😱.  Cooking last weekend with the cast iron Dutch ovens just felt right 👍.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Reel 224

You have a gorges stove! I wish I had one.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

MarkT

Very cool! Looks like a 1930's model.  Google american stove company magic chef and you'll find lots of them.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

broadway

Brings me back to simpler times.  Granted I wasn't around when people were using these, but they're in a bunch of the old movies that we all know and love.  To see one in real life is a treat.
Enjoy that beauty, Bill.
Dom

conchydong

I love natural gas. I live in a older neighborhood and we have it piped in. I have my 40+ year old Sunray range,  my water heater and my dryer on gas.
When we go through hurricanes and lose power for days or weeks, I can easily cook and take hot showers. I need to convert my portable generator to natural gas. That is my next project before the next hurricane season.

Alto Mare

By the way, I was not putting a price on your Bill's stove, I simply saying what the guy was making for  upgrading.

In Italy, I grew up having food cooked on natural fire as a kid.

Enjoy the stove bill.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

thorhammer

Billy-boy next time I'm out I'm taking you up on that dinner, but this time the beer is on me!

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 06, 2019, 12:00:24 AM
By the way, I was not putting a price on your Bill's stove, I simply saying what the guy was making for  upgrading.

Enjoy the stove bill.

Sal

;D ;D  Back when you lived in la grotta.   ;D ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Dominick on February 06, 2019, 10:16:26 PM
Quote from: Alto Mare on February 06, 2019, 12:00:24 AM

Enjoy the stove bill.

Sal

;D ;D  Back when you lived in la grotta.   ;D ;D  Dominick
Yes sir! Food hasn't tasted as good since then.🤔
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Bill B

Welcome anytime John, I'll even get the BBQ going!  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

borchcl

That is a beauty. When I was young, that was the style of stoves in quite a few older homes. Thanks for sharing.
Charlie