needing advise to adding more video stuff.

Started by gstours, January 08, 2019, 12:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

some of you think i,m crazy.   thats ok.  usually if i get a good fish on by somebody on my boat the videio starts.  so thats that.
    when its a fair fight the time elapsed might be longer than keeping a audience interested.   that said if a video is cutt and cropped some of the feeling is lost.  Ive done some video before and shared it.  if the cropping of an hour battle is reduced to 10-15 miniuts is it better to make several segments like x 1   x2  x3 and post that or the hole banana of 15plus minuits of video???
  Ive tried to make stuff here for fisherman/gals/kids.
      It seems like the forum folks seem to understand the fun in the fight and some moaning and scuffling around is part of the length of the added footage.   I,m looking to improve my sharing of material.   You can help by just adding your 2 scents worth. ;)
   This forum of Alans is my therapy for the daily life.   Thanks Alan again. :-*

Dominick

You are not crazy wanting to share the fun.  Keep up the videos.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Swami805

Really enjoy the videos Gary, keep them coming. If they're long I can move to the end with the little thingey at the bottom butt I watch them all the way thru most times. Thanks for taking the time, Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are

nelz

Well, since you asked...

I enjoy watching the Alaskan fishing videos especially since I've never been even close to such a remote place. However, to be honest I start feeling queezy from all the camera movement and cannot watch the entire thing. (Sheesh, just like actually being out on the water for me, lol) My suggestion is mounting a camera somewhere and perhaps adding clips from a body cam where appropriate.

It's on my bucket list to see it live one day!

Dominick

Quote from: nelz on January 08, 2019, 01:44:03 AM
Well, since you asked...

I enjoy watching the Alaskan fishing videos especially since I've never been even close to such a remote place. However, to be honest I start feeling queezy from all the camera movement and cannot watch the entire thing. (Sheesh, just like actually being out on the water for me, lol) My suggestion is mounting a camera somewhere and perhaps adding clips from a body cam where appropriate.

It's on my bucket list to see it live one day!

Here's what I find interesting.  If you will notice (since the cam is attached to Butt Man's head) that each time he moves his head he being a fine boater.  Watch him check around himself to make sure things are clear, next watch him check to see if he has the proper rope for holding the butt.  Then watch his head turn to make sure the bait on the mojo cooler has not slopped onto the floor.  Then watch him look to see if the harpoon is in its place.  Then it is back to the fish.  This all natural and admirable.  That's the behavior of a good boatman.  Now having said all this, you are right he should have the camera stationary.  It will make us that are susceptible to motion sickness enjoy the videos more.  Anyway Gary keep posting.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Frank

I like all the extra movement. It make me feel like I'm right there and part of the crew. I get a great idea of tackle is being used or going to be used. Luckily I don't get motion sickness and those flat calm days really ad to the visibility in the water. As soon as I see you posted a new video I pour a cup of coffee. and sit down and watch the whole thing.
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

alantani

well, you may be crazy.  actually, we all might be crazy!  but not for this!!!!!  ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

philaroman

is there any way to add tabs/markers to that scroll bar below the vid?  that way you wouldn't have to edit, at all -- just post the raw +/- 1hr. footage with pointers to key moments -- viewer gets bored; clicks on the next tab where significant action starts...  i.e., viewer-controlled "suggested edits", instead of permanent directorial edits

gstours

yes,  mr phil,  from my computer i can scroll forward, cut, add from other clips and stuff, currently i,m ediring using the Go Pro App,  Its easy enough for me to do stuff,   Its free,  and certainly a beginners way,    butt once it loads to u-tube for compression i can add audio butt then its fixed for the viewer it seems.  Anybody  out there knows, or can add info i,m in for more learning.
I,m currently using a headmount for holding the camera.  Thats another area to try a chestmount up below my neck might get most of the action and be waay less shakee,  As Dominick stated theres a lot going on here,  I get excited as well, Daa?  When possible if theres a third person they can be dedicated to camera dutys.    upsidedown footage by the assistant could be reduced with a selfee stick, butt it is usually the headstrap on the camera mounting.   Although this year ive go a newer Go Pro in addition and its going to be dedicated to the selfie stick as well,  then its going to be better for whoever isnt fighting the fish to press and shoot.    Editing is my best friend so far,   
  Sometimes when i,m salmon fishing good footage is not even attempted as things get too hectic.   So a still picture may do.   its not the same.   Thanks for the pointers.        If ii,m not making mistakes i,m sleeping. ;)