Main Menu

Coppa

Started by mikeysm, January 10, 2019, 11:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeysm

Here is a picture of my Italian  Coppa. Alan's wife wanted some. I am working on two more. Also some Lonzino  made from pork loin. Along with some Bresaola made from eye of round beef.

philaroman

I'm salivating, but only a little bit...

where's the proper drool-worthy photo of cross-section & paper-thin slices?

mikeysm

Rome wasn't  built in a day. Give it a month or two to finish. This isn't  a hobby for the impatient person.

Mike

Tiddlerbasher

Dominick

Hey Mike I was looking forward some sopressata on the AT 10th anniversary fishing trip.  Did any make it to Alan's boat?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

That looks good Mike, I've always liked capicollo a little better than prosciutto.
I used to make some with pork butts, but haven't in a while.
Enjoy those!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 11, 2019, 10:08:09 PM
That looks good Mike, I've always liked capicollo a little better than prosciutto.
Enjoy those!

Sal

Yours were tasty Sal.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

mikeysm

I brought dry cured pepperoni to Alan's house which I have two left vacuum sealed. I am also doing a pork loin called Lonzino. And a whole eye of round and another cut of beef from a serloin tip to make Bresola. All vacuum  sealed in the cure. Bresaola goes for $49.00 a pound now and no one carrys it because of the price..

Mike

Alto Mare

Quote from: Keta on January 11, 2019, 10:15:56 PM
Quote from: Alto Mare on January 11, 2019, 10:08:09 PM
Enjoy those!

Sal

Yours were tasty Sal.
That was cured sausage Lee. That usually takes 3 weeks to cure, the capicollo takes 3-4 months.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mikeysm

Sweet Coppa looks great and taste great.

Mike

Alto Mare

Can't confirm on taste, but I agree! That does look great Mike.

Sal

philaroman

now THAT's a proper money shot

ChileRelleno

I'd just like to say, "Damn those all look fantastic!"

The fine art of Charcuterie is a truly beautiful thing.  ;)

Something I'd like to get into when I retire and have more time.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."