Reel Repair Tool Kit — Mobile Go-Bag

Started by foakes, January 12, 2019, 10:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rivverrat

I never until very recently packed tools for reels while fishing.

But now I not only pack a few tools but an extra rod sporting a Quick Finessa reel.

Started doing this when a little fella with his dad both watched his new rod & reel get pulled / launched into the water from its holder. Little fella was heart broke while watching others catch fish.

I let him use my extra rod with Quick reel.
Later telling him it was his to keep.

The extra weight of a few random tools & rod I most likely wont use on the outing has been well worth the pay back at times... Jeff

Alto Mare

:D...yes, that would be a must have in any shop...
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

conchydong

While I really like Fred's repair kit, I must give the nod to Alan's kit.  ;D

Scott

David Hall

Quote from: Rivverrat on January 14, 2019, 04:20:29 PM
I never until very recently packed tools for reels while fishing.

But now I not only pack a few tools but an extra rod sporting a Quick Finessa reel.

Started doing this when a little fella with his dad both watched his new rod & reel get pulled / launched into the water from its holder. Little fella was heart broke while watching others catch fish.

I let him use my extra rod with Quick reel.
Later telling him it was his to keep.

The extra weight of a few random tools & rod I most likely wont use on the outing has been well worth the pay back at times... Jeff

Sounds like the most rewarding go bag ever. 

Frank

Quote from: foakes on January 14, 2019, 04:04:50 PM
Quote from: Frank on January 14, 2019, 12:50:12 PM
Hi Fred,

Hanging on the wall next to the Alan Tani wrench is a wrench I have never seen before. Can you please tell me what it's used for?

Thanks,

Frank

That is a highly effective and technical tool, Frank...

One end is a typical and often used 1/2" wrench — the other end is...a beer opener!

Best,

Fred

WOW! Heavy duty.

Best,

Frank
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.