Opening day cod season Morro Bay

Started by mikeysm, January 14, 2019, 09:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeysm

Opening day cod season Morro Bay. Is there any plans to fish that day or that week.

Mike

alantani

already spoke to my brother and we'll be fishing locally that day.....   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

mikeysm

Alan will you be fishing on th  hula cat?

Mike

alantani

no, ed wants to take the grady!  i'm looking forward to getting all of you guys out this year!

mikeysm

I have to plan things ahead my time this year is limited.

Mike

Big Tim

I will be doing something towards the end of opening month? Life is real crazy for me right now.

Tim

mikeysm

Well Try to plan something on a Thursday it will make it easier for me.

Mike

Bryan Young

Opening day is on Monday this year. Hmm. I think I need to take a day off or two.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

jzumi

You guys are already planning for April 1?  For a person like me who packs the night before a big trip and always waited till the last minute to start those term papers in school, that's just waaay too soon!  I just took the rods and reels off the boat yesterday and I'm thinking that I have all winter to service them...  This has only worsened since I retired.

The recreational fishery for rockfish (Sebastes sp.) is open year-round to divers and shore-based anglers. The fishery is closed to boat-based anglers from January 1, 2019 through March 31, 2019.

Besides, if the water gets clear and the waves die down, I'll drop everything and hop in and shoot them!

Cheers,
John

alantani

we'll probably be fishing deep water.  looking into electric reels. 

gstours

I know your busy.    butt ive got an elecrtic Banax 7000x that would work good for your type of fishing..... got 300yds of 80# braid.  ready to go/    ive got 80 lb halis on it ....Free for you to try and use to get a feeling for what you think you need.    Its a great reel.   Pictures and more if interested......    People hace elecctric auto heated seats and still scoff about a cord on a reel.?????
    This world of electric reels has its place,   like electric starters on your tractor,  or a brace and bit drill....   or worse yet a handsaw??????

alantani

i'm thinking about a set of daiwa reels right now.