my new Sharky project reel penn 116L 12/0

Started by steelfish, January 16, 2019, 09:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

remember the star?  it was bent, maybe the reel fell down and got a good hit which broke the right sideplate by the bearing and also bent one of the star tips.
well, I tried to straightened out and done it but I heard a Crack  :(  too late that tip is now broken on the lower part, ooh well I think I will try to use the reel as is until really using it a lot and NEED it to get that star new.

pretty sure that tip will fall down if I tilt it or as soon as I touch it to increase the drag
20221119_223051 ss.jpg
20221119_223055 ss.jpg 

this is is how all the parts looked before putting them back on the reel, in the upper zone you can see some parts that my compadre Mr.Shark sent me few years ago  :-[  :P  thanks again Daron and also some parts that were sent by my compadre John (thorhammer).
20221119_215141 ss.jpg

now the new carbon washers and steel washers on the main gear, they flushed pretty good on the top of the main gear
20221119_223229 ss.jpg
20221119_223933 ss.jpg
20221119_224006 ss.jpg   

and the rest are some pictures of the reel completely done and 98% ready to fish
20221120_010202 ss.jpg
20221120_010239 ss.jpg
20221120_010315 ss.jpg
20221120_010330 ss.jpg
20221120_010333 ss 1.jpg

this reel is MASIVE !!
check the size compared to my Sealine 900H (which I though it was masive), my 114h t4n1 XXN and my 112h
20221120_010135 ss.jpg     

ok, this reel is still not ready to fish, once it was completely built I noticed the star was bending against the sideplate, it was pretty late and I was tired so, I didnt knew if I installed something wrongly inside the maingear or something and dont felt like taking out the sideplates to check so, I checked the schematics and noticed I still miss a spacing sleeve between the spring washer on the top of the main gear and the star.
so, I will order that spacing sleeve along an extra dog and spring, I will double dogged this weapon later on hopefully it wont take as long as took me to repair it  :P  ::)
The Baja Guy

thorhammer

Alex, the before and after pic says it all. GREAT save!! I forgot I sent you anything, and don't know what it was, but glad if I did- handle maybe? That spool would've kept on going with a coat of wax, but you did a bang-up job on it! I did a really bad 9/0 spool that Drew had actually blasted for the purpose and didn't get to; I need to bake it.

Great work, compadre!

Donnyboat

Looks great man, for members that did not know, a 10/0 plate would fit a 12/0, the diametre is the same, now some pics of the shark please, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

steelfish

Quote from: thorhammer on November 28, 2022, 12:28:11 PMAlex, the before and after pic says it all. GREAT save!! I forgot I sent you anything, and don't know what it was, but glad if I did- handle maybe? That spool would've kept on going with a coat of wax, but you did a bang-up job on it! I did a really bad 9/0 spool that Drew had actually blasted for the purpose and didn't get to; I need to bake it.
Great work, compadre!

you sent me the handle blade (I still need to find a thick shaft knob for it) and the reel brace kit.
I was going to left the spool alone with just the light sanding, it felt good enough but naah, my OCD hit and I had to go the whole mile on it.
The Baja Guy

steelfish

Quote from: Donnyboat on November 28, 2022, 01:32:09 PM.....now some pics of the shark please, cheers Don.

:fish  :fish  :d   

hopefully soon, no promises, tho.

The Baja Guy

Shark Hunter

Glad to see you finally revive that Dinosaur Alex.
All you really need is a new sleeve and star.
Sure I got some around somewhere.
Those steel gears are tough as they come.
That reel can handle giants.
Life is Good!

steelfish

yep, it took me some time to get it ready but finally is up to try its luck vs a sea monster

thanks Again Daron
The Baja Guy