New to me Ultracast 5501 C3

Started by orsteelheader, January 16, 2019, 11:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orsteelheader

Hey All,
Today I picked up 2 used 5501s. I downloaded the schematic for "The Original" 5501 but wasn't able to find the schematic for the Ultracast. It has a checkered foot, SN 010002.  I believe that makes it a built in 1992 model? Besides the Abu parts site, any idea on locating the schematic. This is my first Ultracast model and I love the round black handles.

Thanks,
Jay
Enjoy the ride!!!

Lunker Larry

Searched all the sites that I have and no luck. I did find a 5601 on a ABU Schematic CD that I have if that's any help.
Good luck.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

festus

Nope, I couldn't find it either.  ???

orsteelheader

I finally found it after doing a number of searches on parts websites. It is listed on the Abu site as Ambassadeur 5501-C3 LH.

Thanks for looking!!!

Jay
Enjoy the ride!!!

Lunker Larry

Saw that but didn't think it would be the same. Usually Ultracasts have added bearings etc.
Glad you found it.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

orsteelheader

Quote from: Lunker Larry on January 17, 2019, 02:58:48 PM
Saw that but didn't think it would be the same. Usually Ultracasts have added bearings etc.
Glad you found it.
I haven't opened the reel up to confirm yet, but it seems like the right one.
Enjoy the ride!!!

orsteelheader

Yep, my first reel with an AR dog and no ARB. For some reason, getting the handle (LEFT) side back together tight without stopping the drive from being able to turn took a number of tries. The clutch mechanism is very different on this reel than the slightly newer and much newer versions I'm accustomed to. There is also a ball bearing on the drive shaft.

I got it back together and took it out to the river for some test casts yesterday. I got an easy 50-75 yards out with gradual increases in casting speed and backing off the cast control with 1 and 2 oz weights. 2-3 oz is all I will be using off the jetty so I'm happy at this point. I do have some hotrod parts on the way from Mikes for one of my 6501s... ;D

Jay
Enjoy the ride!!!