alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Kauai Fishing Charters
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
March 21, 2019, 06:45:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kauai Fishing Charters  (Read 518 times)
Inodan3

« on: January 18, 2019, 07:41:07 AM »

Does anyone have any recommendations for fishing charters in Kauai, Hawaii?  What type of fish do you catch in March/April.   
alantani
admin
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 08:04:50 AM »

hopefully someone can help. 

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!
Gfish
Gfish

What? Me worry?

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 02:29:39 PM »

Well, I live on the Island. But I've only had one charter experience years ago(bout 2 years before I officially moved here) and it won a "not recommended" vote from me. I set it up, showed when I's supposed to and they bumped me off for 2 guys that must have come along after me, but had more $ for the crew to make. Unethical to the Nth degree, but at least they didn't try and lie about it. The least they coulda done was call me to cancel... "Kauai Deep Sea Fishing Charters", outta Port Allen, South side.

Sorry for the ramble, but that's why I avoid charters since I've lived here and don't pay much attention to that business. Also, there is a "share the catch" thing here: you pay pretty standard pelagic charter prices and the boat keeps most of the catch(sells for a good price to restaurants). This is fine for people are here for only a week or so. Say about 5lbs. of Ahi Tuna in the condo. freezer and maybe they can eat it before they fly back.

Not sure about Mar.-April species way out there, but the kayak fishin closer to shore sure picks up. I would love to give it another shot with the charter thing, though. I will be off-island from 3/6 to 3/23. If interested PM me. Maybe we could get together for a trip. And maybe I can start askin round bout the better charters...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 02:19:54 PM by Gfish » Logged

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!
Inodan3

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 09:12:21 AM »

Gfish:  Where and how do you go fishing on Kauai?  I am allowed to go fishing on one day only.
Gfish
Gfish

What? Me worry?

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 09:52:33 PM »

Gfish:  Where and how do you go fishing on Kauai?  I am allowed to go fishing on one day only.
South-side, mostly Koloa landing. Take my Kayak out and troll(electric motor) and also cast over the reefs.
So you godda day of probation during a vacation?...Please tap on my avatar and PM me with some details. I also have an inflatable kayak(paddle only).
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 09:54:40 PM by Gfish » Logged

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: