Another lost 4490 E/C-clip

Started by orsteelheader, January 19, 2019, 03:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orsteelheader

Well, I've lost another and no more to cannibalize. I'm going to order 10-20 (don't ask why)... The ones I've tested in the past are slightly magnetic, could they be some stainless alloy? Do they need to be if used around saltwater? Size?

Jay
Enjoy the ride!!!

orsteelheader

Thanks Alan,
After doing a lot of research and trying to measure one that I haven't lost yet...I gave in and ordered the set. If I ever need more, I'll know what size and buy a box of just those.  Anyone need some stainless big e-clips?
Enjoy the ride!!!

Dominick

There will be an e-clips tomorrow night.  Look to the sky.  Alan do you order in mm or inch?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Swami805

I was thinking of ordering one too but only found metric, does it matter much? Most of my reels use SAE.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

tholmes

I've bought those from Jerry at http://hookless.com/

He's got all kinds of ABU parts, old and new.

Tom

orsteelheader

I just got this kit in the mail today HVAZI 350PCS Stainless Steel E-Clip External Retaining Ring Assortment Set .  The 3mm is a perfect fit. The OD is just a hair bigger but you can still take the nut on and off with the clip in place. 

Anybody need some 10-15mm e/c clips?

Thanks Alan,
Jay
Enjoy the ride!!!