What is Tetsuya Takahashi holding in his hand in 1:35 in this video?

Started by Reel Beaker, January 20, 2019, 03:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel Beaker

Hi guys,

Saw this video recently on youtube and wondering what the dude is holding in his hand in 1:35? It seem to be some kind of wire rig?
Anyone knows what it is and how to tie it?

Thanks!

conchydong

David Hall

definitely a spreader of some kind but I wouldn't have a clue how to make one, or what for.
We need some wire guys to weigh in on this one.

alantani

i can understand about every 20th word that the guy says.  i've got no clue.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Quote from: alantani on January 20, 2019, 05:39:27 PM
i can understand about every 20th word that the guy says.  i've got no clue.   :-\

It looks like a wire contraption to hold the hooks and bait off the bottom.  It is explained in the subtitles.  ::) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

oldmanjoe

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Reel 224

It's showing how it's used and how to rig it at 1;10 simply a drop sinker and double hook rigged to in the diagram.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Alto Mare

Quote from: alantani on January 20, 2019, 05:39:27 PM

If You can't, I sure as heck can't ;D

Quote from: Dominick on January 20, 2019, 05:44:57 PM

It looks like a wire contraption to hold the hooks and bait off the bottom.  It is explained in the subtitles.  ::) Dominick

I'm thinking the same Dominick.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

I don't know but the last fish he caught is sure delicious, especially shyabu shyabu style instead of beef.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

conchydong

Larger versions are sometimes used in deep water fishing where the purpose is to keep the leader from being tangled with the main line on the drop when you are not using dropper loop (chicken) type rigs where the sinker is positioned on the bottom.

Gobi King

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

oc1

He instructed his congregation to tie it on with a five wrap unimproved clinch knot.  How embarrassing for him.
-steve

smnaguwa

It is a wire rig that puts the hook(sometimes up to 4) slightly above a smooth/sand bottom when fishing for kisu. You slowly drag the rig in and hope for a bite. Kisu is delicious fried crisp and the entire fish is eaten. I used it when I visited Kamogawa, a Pacific coast city southeast of Tokyo. In contrast to Mr. Takahashi, dedicated kisu fisherman sometimes spend tens of thousands of yen/hundreds of dollars for their outfits.

conchydong

Quote from: smnaguwa on January 21, 2019, 10:42:56 PM
It is a wire rig that puts the hook(sometimes up to 4) slightly above a smooth/sand bottom when fishing for kisu. You slowly drag the rig in and hope for a bite. Kisu is delicious fried crisp and the entire fish is eaten. I used it when I visited Kamogawa, a Pacific coast city southeast of Tokyo. In contrast to Mr. Takahashi, dedicated kisu fisherman sometimes spend tens of thousands of yen/hundreds of dollars for their outfits.

Thank you for the detailed translation. I have a better understanding now. A highly specialized technique for sure.

Scott

steelfish

the only thing I can tell is that hes using a shimano Aernos 2500
The Baja Guy