9/0 Senator

Started by capnpiney, March 16, 2009, 02:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capnpiney

Hi Allen

Do you have a 9/0 rebuild for an old senator,I cant seem to find it here ,I was intentionally out looking for the Diawa 900h at the flea markets to rebuild as per your suggestion on being a better choice for this type of real ,however the deal on the senator i couldnt pass up ....It s the Black version upon pre ordering tear down it only has three rather thick washers (drag) and a paper washer under the gear...i thought i remembered seeing a tear down on this reel where the sleeve gets replaced with a stainlees updated model ,any hep with the washer kits and or numbers greatly appreciated...I plan to use the reel for Sharking here off NJ
Thanks

alantani

i do not, but the 114h rebuild post is very similar.  take a look.....

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=208.0
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

capnpiney

Thanks Alan I had seen that ,

The schematic shows a stack of 5 metal and ht 100 washers,do I use the original main gear for this ,also because of the age of the reel it has bushings on the spool ends instead of bearings ,what would be your lubricant of chioce ,grease or reel +...the caps have oiler spots on each of them,as changing the sideplates ,bearings etc. would put the cost out of range for me

Thanks again, Nick

alantani

if you have carbon fiber drag washers in the reel already, just grease them up with cal's grease and you should be good.  if the gears feel ok when you crank, for the bushings, lube them with corrosion x.  you should do fine.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!