Left handed Ambassadeur Ultra Mag XL Plus

Started by MeanMachine, September 15, 2011, 11:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeanMachine

I resurrected this levelwind reel from a garage sale this weekend for $10.00.  THe levelwind mechanism will not stay together and always separates when you retrieve line.  I tried to disassemble the reel handle side yesterday but cannot find anything wrong on that side. I'm wondering if the bottom section on the levelwind is missing a spring to keep it in the correct position.  I don't have much experience with levelwinds since most of my reels are spinning reels. I would like to know where I can get an owners manual since I don't even know how to operate it.  Thanks for all your help!

redsetta

G'day MM,
Schematic here: http://www.abugarcia.com/sites/default/files/schematics/ULTRAMAGXLPLUSLEFT%2084-0.PDF
It's a little difficult to tell, but part 975362 may support the mechanism and run along the lower shaft.
Hope that's of some assistance.
Let us know how you go.
Good luck, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

MeanMachine

After disassembly and reassembly (3X!!!)  I think the problem is the small vertical spring and pin that connects the levelwind upper and lower parts.  (975395) The spring and pin is not shown on the schematic.   The rest of the reel looks ok.  It seems as though the levelwind is easily disconnected because there is not enough tension.  I'm wondering if I should get the 975395 and 975362?  Can anyone make a recommendation about where I can get these parts? Thanks for all your help!