Daiwa Parts Order

Started by steelhead_killer, January 24, 2019, 05:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelhead_killer

Does anyone have a contact at Daiwa?  I have had two orders in to them since December 3rd.  I called again today and they can't even tell me when they are going to ship.  Is this normal for Daiwa?  Asking for a friend...

Andy
><)))">

nelz

Wow, December 3rd?  What kind of part is it?

I've always gotten decent service from them but don't have any special contact though.

Porthos

steelhead_killer

MAin gear and pinion for a Lexa 300hsl and a gear for a sealine slw50H.  They say they switched computer systems and it has caused delays.  That is the whole story.  No eta's nothin'. 
><)))">

franky

Yes, I have a backorder on a sealine 50SHA cast lever part.  Its been 6 months and they still don't have the part.  I also have a Saltiga gear that is on backorder since December.  They also told me about the new computer system.  I'm still waiting... :-\

Porthos

Quote from: steelhead_killer on January 25, 2019, 02:43:19 AM
MAin gear and pinion for a Lexa 300hsl and a gear for a sealine slw50H.  They say they switched computer systems and it has caused delays.  That is the whole story.  No eta's nothin'. 

Ah...both reels still in production. I experienced delays earlier last year because the parts were for my "old" reels...

Christopher M Songer

What is your best contact to order Daiwa parts?
Always go forward, never go straight

Pro Reel

yes, try calling every satellite warranty center. check with bass pro shops rod and reel repair in springfield, they keep a good stock. Daiwa just hired a new person to revamp the parts and service dept because it was crap. The system was down for 2 weeks, now they just don't have any parts in stock.

xaf

Question:  I sent two 10 year old Saltigas to Daiwa for general maintenance about a month ago and haven't heard anything from them.   Does anyone know if their parts issue has affected the turn around time on repairs?

Thanks for any info that anyone may have.

XAF (Bob)

alantani

i have some older daiwa parts and can check.  i will need part numbers.  as far as daiwa themselves, anything from before december was likely lost in the computer upgrades.  no backorders were saved.  you'll have to call them again and re-order.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Lunker Larry

They were always the worst for getting parts. I guess they realized that and hence the changes.
Try Southwest Parts 214-630-8161
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?