Dam reels are going to cause me to get a Dam divorce!!

Started by Cubby1973, January 25, 2019, 11:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cubby1973

Loving these old reels!! Have been buying a few on Ebay and anywhere else I can find them. Probably been bidding against some of my Dam brothers on here. Lol! These are very easy to tear down and work on. Have got a few good deals, but sometimes things get a little out of control and expensive! Thanks for any and all replies to posts. I love being able to share a passion with others!

Thanks
Jeff

Darin Crofton

Great collection you got there! What model is the big one all the way to the left?
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Cubby1973

Quote from: Darin Crofton on January 25, 2019, 11:30:07 PM
Great collection you got there! What model is the big one all the way to the left?

It's a couple of 550's. Wanting a 270 or 275, but those are going a little high on Ebay.

foakes

275's are expensive — but 270's are still underpriced — so a good value at this point.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Cubby1973

Yeah, been watching the 270's also. Don't do a lot of big game fishing, but do go after cats every now and then.

Thanks
Jeff

Smols

Don't press the garage door opener, whatever you do...

Cubby1973

Quote from: Smols on January 26, 2019, 02:29:58 AM
Don't press the garage door opener, whatever you do...

They're all back up! Lol!

festus

Jeff, you have a fine fleet of Quicks there.  Some nice rods too.

BTW, is it my imagination is the reel on the far right sporting a Mitchell 300 handle?

Cubby1973

Quote from: festus on February 06, 2019, 01:58:12 AM
Jeff, you have a fine fleet of Quicks there.  Some nice rods too.

BTW, is it my imagination is the reel on the far right sporting a Mitchell 300 handle?

Why yes it is! Good eye! It's a 248 that I got cheap because it had a broken handle and had an extra 300, so I tried it. It was a little snug, but I didn't force force it and then checked the threads and all was good. The 248 is actually a very nice reel! Pretty smooth!