Penn 50-130 VISS Series Handle

Started by Tightlines667, April 22, 2019, 02:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

I am wondering if anyone has one of the new Penn International VII series reels and would be willing to diassemble the handle to provide measurements on the spindle?  These new handle assemblies seem to be a good upgrade for a number of reels and I am wondering if these is any way to make it work on the older 130, 130H, or 130ST reels.  

The standard spindle for this handle assembly will not work directlu with the 2 versions of stock arms, but I am thinking it might fit the older style spindle.  

Can anyone measure the diameter and length of the spindle on the newer Internationals?

I am hoping it will fit 0.460" diameter, length (2.220"+0.410"/ reverse threaded) is less important since it could be shimmed or adjusted as needed.  I suspect the stock spindle is too lomg for the newer handles too.

Here is a newer stock spindle...

https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Parts/91N-50.aspx

Its probably a long shot since this is a very large diameter handle spindle, which will not likely accept the newer handle knobs.  The spindle diameter is about the same as the outter diameter on Alan's 6/0 handles.

Unfortunately there are currently very few options (Tiburon T-bar, stock first/second gen) for handle replacement on these 3 reel models.

It seems like a custom spindle or handle arm would need to be made in order to accept other handle knob options.

John

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.