Berkley Cyclone spooling station or Triwinder for Stren

Started by Christopher M Songer, January 30, 2019, 04:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher M Songer

Has anyone had or are using a Berkley Cyclone spooling station. This would be Great Lakes tackle use only. Do not intend to fill any International 50W's.
How do you like it or what don't you like. Thank you.
Always go forward, never go straight

rickjc

I had one of these for about 10 years in the tackle shop I used to run, it worked really great for a lower priced line winder.  Mainly for freshwater reels it was well built, no problems.

Gobi King

it is a rebadged item, I think it is made by triangle, if the price is right, go for it.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Christopher M Songer

Thanks guys. Have not seen the actual item yet, just pics on line. The owner also says he has an "Triton" line spooler that may have been more tackle shop appropriate. Heading out of the county for 2 weeks. I will see them both when I return and ask more questions about the second unit he has. Any info on Triton line winders (if that is really what it is named) also appreciated. (Maybe he said Triton and meant Triangle)

Chris

Christopher M Songer

OK, got both units in my home today. Going to try them both out and see what best suits my needs. What can you tell me about either of these machines?
TriWinder for Stren by Triangle Mfg Co. and Cyclone by Berkley in green case, almost new, also by Triangle Mfg Co.

The table top Triwinder is only $25 more but has some surface rust on the post and line guide. Gee how do I clean that? lol