Serious issue encountered with 112H double dog bridge!!

Started by rscotth, February 02, 2019, 03:09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Thanks Frank! lots of headaches for 1/8" off with one dog post...it is what it is...

By the way, custom bridge screws stick out on Tom's plate.

These are Prochallenger's, they sit flush on his kits, one thread out on stock plates and two threads on Tom. I would not be concerned, I tested this many times and these screws will do just fine as they are.
Tom really outdid himself with these latest kits, I love the new design.
There is plenty of clearance in there for everything to work.

I will post a pic of my personal build, but only after I find time to make me a special red knob. :)

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Fishy247

Nicely done yet again Sal! Out of curiosity, what did you use for the dog pin when you moved it?

Reel 224

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 20, 2019, 11:41:09 PM
Thanks Frank! lots of headaches for 1/8" off with one dog post...it is what it is...

By the way, custom bridge screws stick out on Tom's plate.

These are Prochallenger's, they sit flush on his kits, one thread out on stock plates and two threads on Tom. I would not be concerned, I tested this many times and these screws will do just fine as they are.
Tom really outdid himself with these latest kits, I love the new design.
There is plenty of clearance in there for everything to work.

I will post a pic of my personal build, but only after I find time to make me a special red knob. :)

Sal

Sal: Which screws are you referring to. My screws are flush or .000" high if that.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Swami805

I used your screws Joe in mine, perfect fit. Thanks for making them. Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Alto Mare

Quote from: Fishy247 on February 21, 2019, 04:15:10 PM
Nicely done yet again Sal! Out of curiosity, what did you use for the dog pin when you moved it?
A ss screw. This is just a template and its on the way to Alan. I like a peened post better, but with some permanent Loctite, I think the screw would hold just fine...if you had to.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Petah

Sorry, late to the party again!!!! But Sal's fix looks real familiar!!!!

Double dogged 112H 3/0 bridgeplate
« on: September 02, 2018, 08:15:25 PM »

Peter

Alto Mare

Yes Peter yours do look familiar.
I found emails were I stated that the left side dog needed to be moved up prior to this, but at this point not much matters but the get it right.
Thanks Peter!

Sal

Petah

I wish I would have seen this earlier but as I only have one 112H and I already customized my bridge plate
I didn't see a need to buy one of Alan's as mine works great!!! Glad that Alan is taking care of this but if anyone wants
me to do it or mail out some of the PEM pins that I get from McMaster-Carr so that they could do it themselves, I'm game.
It's actually not that hard!!!!!

Peter

Darin Crofton

God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Darin Crofton

Any word on getting our bridges switched out? Thanks!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Reel 224

Personally, I went to a single Dog with my two. I suppose I could do and alteration to fit the old style in but. I have better things to do right now, besides I don't see the advantage for the type of fishing we have here. If a customer wants it then it's extra money.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Black Pearl

Quote from: Darin Crofton on April 04, 2019, 12:25:15 AM
Any word on getting our bridges switched out? Thanks!

My resource just received the good bridge and dog. He will start working on them soon.
It should take about 3 weeks to get it done.

Dan-J

Black Pearl

Quote from: Dan-J on June 18, 2019, 04:04:39 PM
Alan,   any updates?

They just finished to re-modified the bridge. They should be here sometime next week. I will send out a posting for people to send back the bad bridge and receive a new bridge.

CooldadE

When the new and improved ones are available I want one...

Cool
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...