Abu Garcia Reels lets post some pictures

Started by steelfish, February 02, 2019, 09:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tincanary

Quote from: Lunker Larry on February 15, 2019, 03:51:00 PM
Cleaned up. No parts added and it worked just like new.

This reel looks like it could tell one heck of a fish story.  Love it!

steelfish

Quote from: Lunker Larry on February 15, 2019, 03:51:00 PM
Cleaned up. No parts added and it worked just like new.

yay, that rude boy is like the terminator , great job

@ Festus, great collection buddy, all of them seems to be in pristine condition, good work on the maintenance

@ Tincanary,  love vivid color of the small orange abu.
The Baja Guy

tincanary

Quote from: steelfish on February 15, 2019, 05:36:27 PM
@ Tincanary,  love vivid color of the small orange abu.

Thanks.  It's a 4500CS Rocket.  The 4500CS Rockets don't come up very often and I jumped at the chance to get it a month ago.  It's only 2 BB, but it does have fiber brake blocks.  It must've sat on a shelf for some time because it was a little crunchy out of the box, so I broke it down, cleaned it up, and added a thumb rest from a Record 40.  Smooth as a baby's behind now :).  Once the ice clears up around here, I'm going to take it smallmouth fishing on Lake St Clair.

Midway Tommy

OK, it's time to get serious here with some real reels.  ;D

Here's a portion of the herd: :)
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

mo65

Bravo Tommy! Fantastic stable, just smokin'!
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Keta

The photos of my tricked out 5601C4 reels got "photobucketed" and I can't find another copy but will try to take more photos  of the assembled reels.  They both have clickers, AR bearings and dogs, Carbontex drag washers and different handles and handle arms.  One is a thumb bar and the other has the disengagement tab.  I built the non thumb bar reel because one of my friends I fish with kept hitting the thumb bar when reeling in, he said it was the reel going out of gear and I told him it was the operator and it works for me.

For the hell of it I bid on a 4600C4 on e-bay and was the only bidder, it will be here next Friday.... like I really need another reel but I have never seen a 4600 so now I have one.  It will be a good makanaw and large brown trout reel.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

steelfish

Quote from: Midway Tommy on February 15, 2019, 06:55:14 PM
OK, it's time to get serious here with some real reels.  ;D

Here's a portion of the herd: :)

now thats  the difference between professionals and amateurs 

great collection right there Tommy, where the rest of the herd?
The Baja Guy

tincanary

Quote from: Keta on February 16, 2019, 02:31:12 PM
The photos of my tricked out 5601C4 reels got "photobucketed" and I can't find another copy but will try to take more photos  of the assembled reels.  They both have clickers, AR bearings and dogs, Carbontex drag washers and different handles and handle arms.  One is a thumb bar and the other has the disengagement tab.  I built the non thumb bar reel because one of my friends I fish with kept hitting the thumb bar when reeling in, he said it was the reel going out of gear and I told him it was the operator and it works for me.

For the hell of it I bid on a 4600C4 on e-bay and was the only bidder, it will be here next Friday.... like I really need another reel but I have never seen a 4600 so now I have one.  It will be a good makanaw and large brown trout reel.

The 4600 is a nice reel.  I have a C3 I use for throwing hardware for steelhead.  Mine is new production and super smooth, especially after I cleaned up the Abu factory peanut butter job.

Midway Tommy

Quote from: steelfish on February 16, 2019, 05:44:27 PM

now thats  the difference between professionals and amateurs 

great collection right there Tommy, where the rest of the herd?

I'm stickin' with the "ABU Garcia" branch of that family tree.

So here's an updated photo with a few additions on the bottom 3 shelves. I've got about 20 more of the 2nd & 3rd shelf black "fulcrums" on rods out in the boat waiting for the weather & water to open up.  :)
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Keta

Here's my meager ABU collection less the 4500C4 that is in the mail. 

Here's my tricked out 5601's, notice they both have clickers.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

steelhead_killer

Couple of surf blasters
><)))">

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

steelhead_killer

><)))">

Alto Mare

I did not see the level wind, unless it's from the angle of the pic.
Is that an aftermarket frame on the one above?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

oc1

Yeah Andy.  Looks like more upgrade than ABU.  I see the CT conversion plugs on the one but where did that one-piece frame come from?
-steve