Abu Garcia Reels lets post some pictures

Started by steelfish, February 02, 2019, 09:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darin Crofton

Quote from: mikeysm on March 17, 2019, 07:50:24 AM
Japan tackle and the shipping is not bad . You will get the parts fast. Don't order from Mike's tackle you will wait forever. Japan tackle will ship right away.

Mike
Thank you Mike!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Quote from: Darin Crofton on March 16, 2019, 04:37:45 PM
Quote from: oc1 on March 16, 2019, 06:47:08 AM
Darin, you know there are some upgrades for that reel.  Ball bearings for the worm, better idler and stuff like that.
-steve
Steve, is there a website that sells all the upgrades in one place? Thanks for the suggestions!

Jerry Foran here is with us here in Florida and I get my stuff from him usually within 2 or 3 days.  Hookless.com  He has made me a dozen Frankenreels from his inventory of souped up parts.  Little 2500's for bass, 4500's for Snook.  Its a slippery slope........Snook fishing with a custom reel.  New stuff just isn't good enough for me anymore.  Its led me to custom rods and even to only using custom Daniel's Florida wooden plugs.  Don't tell my wife but I'm even thinking about making my own wooden skiff from plans out of an old Popular Mechanics!

tincanary

A little family photo.  There are some not pictured that are in my garage.  I just refreshed these ones for the season.

My boys..... all "frankenreels" with ceramic hybrid bb's, ceramic pawls, 2 bb idler cogs etc.....

thorhammer

wow those are some jools i tellya, jools!!

John

steelfish

tincanary & 0119, those are some great reels, love them !!

The Baja Guy

Swami805

Those are some beautiful reels. Thankfully a rabbit hole I have yet to descend into
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Thanks guys!  They all get fished, no safe queens.  The 2500c's are a blast for bass.

Midway Tommy

Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

steelfish

Quote from: Swami805 on March 21, 2019, 03:59:03 PM
Those are some beautiful reels. Thankfully a rabbit hole I have yet to descend into

what about the Newell rabbit hole compadre?

The Baja Guy

Swami805

Haha Alex don't see daylight anymore that holes gotten pretty deep. I do have a 5500c and 4500 that I used it a float tube for quite awhile. Great tough reels and not many moving parts to break. Seemed like more and more white sharks along the coast here so no more float tubing for me! I should clean those up and get them going again
All the parts available for abu's makes it very tempting especially seeing the reels on here
Do what you can with that you have where you are

tincanary

Quote from: 0119 on March 21, 2019, 06:06:29 PM
Thanks guys!  They all get fished, no safe queens.  The 2500c's are a blast for bass.

Amen.  I know some guys have shelf queens, but I gotta put my nicer ones on fish from time to time.  I've been using my BM 1600s for steelhead lately, what a hoot.

Quote from: tincanary on March 22, 2019, 11:28:43 AM
Quote from: 0119 on March 21, 2019, 06:06:29 PM

Amen.  I know some guys have shelf queens, but I gotta put my nicer ones on fish from time to time.  I've been using my BM 1600s for steelhead lately, what a hoot.

Ha Ha...... I used to put my 2500's on a Loomis Kokonee rod with 4lb mono on and spend days playing with baby Tarpon in landlocked ponds.

tincanary

Quote from: 0119 on March 22, 2019, 08:20:22 PM

Ha Ha...... I used to put my 2500's on a Loomis Kokonee rod with 4lb mono on and spend days playing with baby Tarpon in landlocked ponds.

That's what I'm doing, 1600 on a 7'6" Koke rod with 6lb mono.  I actually prefer it more than my standard 9'+ steelhead rods, much easier to carry through the woods and the fight is top notch.

festus

Here's a 5000 with a clicker that arrived this morning.  The clicker wasn't working but I used an illustration by Nelz to get it going. https://alantani.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=24202.0;attach=47785;image